Web Client Beta Release Notes 12/4/2014

nanphan

Idea

Hello everyone!

Here's what we included in last night's release. We will continue to add more functionality to the Beta each week. Thank you to those that reported bugs. Please let us know if these issues continue to occur. 

RELEASE NOTES

• New Beta Features
    • Filtering tags - Easily find the tags you are looking for 
    • Support for Tables - Add in tables to your notes when editing 

• Bug Fixes 
    • Multiple versions of notes are getting created while editing 

• Features to be fixed in future releases but not limited to     
    • Editing & Inserting hyperlinks
    • Creating note links
    • Reordering reminders
    • Reordering shortcuts
    • Setting note location
    • Note history
    • Saved searches support yet

- Nancy 

7 replies to this idea

Some of my issues:

• Pop up text toolbar obscures content. Affects ability to expand selection or see adjacent text. Have to deselect often, adding steps.
  • Icons on pop up text toolbar have no roll over text, I don't know what a couple of them do from their icon.
  • Can't pin the Notebook pane open. Have to reopen and find and select notebooks in a cumbersome way to toggle between notes in different notebooks. (Same with Tags pane)

Some of my issues:

• Pop up text toolbar obscures content. Affects ability to expand selection or see adjacent text. Have to deselect often, adding steps.
  • Icons on pop up text toolbar have no roll over text, I don't know what a couple of them do from their icon.
  • Can't pin the Notebook pane open. Have to reopen and find and select notebooks in a cumbersome way to toggle between notes in different notebooks. (Same with Tags pane)

Thanks for reporting the issues, Jeff510. We definitely appreciate it when folks are able to report bugs with the features that are currently in the product.  We are aware of the popup issue on Firefox and that there are currently no tooltips and will address them in future releases. 

As for feature requests or things you still see missing from the product please continue to put these in this forum topic if you do not already see it there:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/76733-web-beta-release-notes-1119/

• Level 5

BUG REPORT:

There is a problem with the "Empty Trash" function. If I select the Trash in the notebooks list and select "Empty Trash" in the sections above the notes the notes don't disappear immediately. However, the counter of notes in the trash changes to 0 immediately. After some time when I go back to the trash notebook I see 'Loading...' for all deleted notes.

Only if I delete another note so that the trash is not empty again I only see this one note in the trash.

For me that means the notes have been deleted but the Web client has not immediatlely been notified about this.

Some of my issues:

Thanks for reporting the issues, Jeff510. We definitely appreciate it when folks are able to report bugs with the features that are currently in the product.  We are aware of the popup issue on Firefox and that there are currently no tooltips and will address them in future releases. 

As for feature requests or things you still see missing from the product please continue to put these in this forum topic if you do not already see it there:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/76733-web-beta-release-notes-1119/

FYI, I'm using Chrome, not Firefox.

BUG REPORT:

There is a problem with the "Empty Trash" function. If I select the Trash in the notebooks list and select "Empty Trash" in the sections above the notes the notes don't disappear immediately. However, the counter of notes in the trash changes to 0 immediately. After some time when I go back to the trash notebook I see 'Loading...' for all deleted notes.

Only if I delete another note so that the trash is not empty again I only see this one note in the trash.

For me that means the notes have been deleted but the Web client has not immediatlely been notified about this.

Thank you for reporting this issue. We identified this issue as well and understand the root cause. We won't be able to fix this immediately, but will do so in a future release. In the meantime a refresh of the browser window should resolve the problem in most cases. 

• Level 5

Thank you for reporting this issue. We identified this issue as well and understand the root cause. We won't be able to fix this immediately, but will do so in a future release. In the meantime a refresh of the browser window should resolve the problem in most cases.

It's not a serious problem but good that you could reproduce it.

Archived