Jump to content
Claudio Tassini

windows 8 Can't sync windows desktop

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I have several devices connected to my evernote account (android,ipad,a windows 7 PC, a macbook). I just got a new windows laptop with win 8.1 and I installed the last version of evernote desktop (5.7.2.5753), but it only sync about 10 of my notes (out of around 50). In the logs I see no errors but in the last line, where it says "Client synchronization finished, status: failed" . I also have evernote touch installed on the same PC, and that one syncs without problems. 

 

I tried uninstalling, clearing user directory, and reinstalling evernote but it did not help. Also tried various repair options via the CTRL-Help menu , still no luck. 

 

What else can I try? Following is my sync log:

 

12:27:42 [5236] Client synchronization started
12:27:42 [4596] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s64
12:27:42 [4596] 0% * loaded 3 sync chunks, updateCount=661
12:27:42 [4596] 0% Loaded updateCount: 0
12:27:43 [4596] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=0
12:27:43 [4596] 0% Client updateCount: 0, server updateCount: 661
12:27:43 [4596] 0% Retrieving list of changes from the server
12:27:43 [4596] 0% * saved 4 sync chunks, updateCount=661
12:27:43 [4596] 0% Receiving changes
12:27:43 [4596] 0% * expunge 0 notebooks, 0 notes, 0 tags, 0 searches, 0 linked notebooks
12:27:43 [4596] 0% * update 6 notebooks, 133 notes, 0 resources, 17 tags, 0 searches, 0 linked notebooks
12:27:43 [30496] 0% Synchronizing 6 notebooks
[...]
12:27:44 [30496] 25% Synchronizing 17 tags
[...]
12:27:44 [30496] 96% Synchronizing 1 preference
12:27:44 [33340] 15% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s64
12:27:44 [33340] 15% Retrieving 50 notes
12:27:44 [33340] 15% Retrieving note "12051 - Telecom Santer/Reply - Linee ..."
12:27:44 [33340] 15% * guid={8983fd60-3035-4dc2-8136-48740eb19593}
12:27:44 [31404] 15% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s64
12:27:44 [31404] 15% Retrieving 50 notes
[Lots of "retreiving note" entries, no errors, double checked]
12:27:45 [33340] 100% Submitting a batch of 60 note calls, size=4.0MB
12:27:46 [31404] 100% Submitting a batch of 35 note calls, size=3.2MB
12:28:19 [33340] 100% No more data to read.
12:28:21 [31404] 100% No more data to read.
12:28:22 [5236] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
12:28:22 [5236] * 23 items received
12:28:22 [5236] * elapsed time: 39s
12:30:13 [29204] Registered session count: 1, last session: 2014/12/04 12:30:00
 
 

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post

If you're still having problems it may be worth trying a "sneaker-net" sync on your database - something I used to jump-start my Win 8.1 laptop with a new account;  though my reasoning was it would take a while to download my rather large database...

 

On your Windows 7 machine,  exit Evernote completely and check C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\ for the Databases folder.  Zip the folder to USB.

 

On your Windows 8 machine,  exit Evernote completely and check the same location - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\  - for the Databases folder.  Rename it and replace it with the unzipped USB copy.  Log back into Evernote and retry sync.  If that fails you can recover back to the previous situation by simply putting the renamed folder back in place.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...