conflicting changes is a nightmare!

Hey I know there are loads of posts on this. but most seem to be about 1 person sharing notes on 2 devices I.E a shared note 1 user using tablet & laptop.

Myself and my business partner use a shared workbook for our daily to do, adding editing & completing tasks all day.

no matter how much we try and remeber to hit sync after an edit we get multiple confliced changes.

is there any way around this or are we better to move to something like google drive where two people can edit 1 note at the same time in real time without issue?

• Level 5*

This should start getting better with the presences feature. This feature allows you to see when other users are viewing/editing a note preventing. You can learn more about it in our Work Chat article: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/103372736

Does this work when two people are both logged into the same account on separate devices, and they're hitting on the same note?

• Ex Employees

This should start getting better with the presences feature. This feature allows you to see when other users are viewing/editing a note preventing. You can learn more about it in our Work Chat article: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/103372736

Does this work when two people are both logged into the same account on separate devices, and they're hitting on the same note?

It should not... and multiple people using the same account is something I would discourage.  

• 1 month later...

I fell in love with Evernote this year (after first signing up in 2009).

Stacks, Notebooks, and the speed of the standalone app are why I'll continue to use it.

But the shared editing features leave much to be desired. Google Docs is still superior in the following ways:

• No lock-out while someone else is editing.
  • Live editing (can see someone else's edits as they are doing them).
  • No conflicting edits.

Seeing as there are many threads discussing this I didn't want to start another one.

Just adding my voice here to bump these up as feature requests.

Will watch this space..

Archived