I have the latest version of Evernote on the iPad Mini that was released right before the current one.

When I open Evernote, it will show it is syncing, but I am unable to tap anything.  Even just letting it run over 10 minutes did not fix the issue.  I deleted then re-downloaded Evernote on my iPad, and it repeated the issue after the initial sync.

I think this may be a bug in Evernote for iPad.

I got no help at all from Evernote Tech Support. I resolved my issue by creating a new Evernote account and sharing the notes from my MacBook (operating properly) to the new account on the iPad. That did and continues to work.

Evernote's tech support and executive management demonstrates the worst regard for its customers of any company I have worked with in the last several years.  They have still not returned any calls or emails regarding the issue above.

Same issue here on my iPhone 6. Unusable, completely unresponsive to any taps and syncing icon is spinning continuously.  So much for depending on this for all my todo and shopping lists.   What the heck evernote; your QA is going downhill; just had to reboot my mac to get my notes to show up in the new version of evernote again.  

Same with me, I use it on an iPhone 5 and on an iPad 2 and both are terrible. Its impossible to open it and start a new note during a meeting, for exemple. I'm starting to use other tools, because I'm always afraid of the app get crash when I most need it. 

And to the record, I have a premmium acount. 

What f--- are you doing do Evernote Guys???

• Level 5*

I've not seen this, and I have the latest EN on my iPad Mini Retina. Syncs just fine. Business account with 23,500 notes.

as for taking notes in a meeting, I tend to agree BrunoN. I use Drafts to take notes then transfer to Evernote. More efficient anyway as I can use markdown. Just cannot do checkboxes.

Sync has finally worked one time (now i'v a request timetout).

Moreover I see all thumbnails notes but in the detail panel the content stays empty.

Now It's hard to consider this tool as a productivity software for my work ! It's too risky ! 

Me too; iPhone 5S Running iOS 8.1 and Evernote 7.6.2.313133

I can create a new note but it doesn't get saved.

Sync just keeps running and running.

Clearing cache keeps running and running.

Rebooting the device doesn't help.

After fiddling with it for a while, trying just about everything within the app, I got a popup about sending a crash report so I allowed that.

I can't enter feedback or contact Evernote trough the app and on top af that, Evernote web is not supported on iOS browsers (not on Safari, anyway) so I had to start a Remote Desktop session to a PC to actually get into the web interface :-(

I was just in the process of restructuring my notes, books, stacks and tags along with searches so I could finally kick all other related apps to the bin and just stick with Evernote.

Starts lookin' more and more like Evernote's the one that gets kicked out... ;-(

[edit]

This one is new to me:

I open a note, but it shows as blank. Only the title shows up even though the preview shows the first couple of words in the note.

I left it open while typing this message and after a while a popup shows, telling me there's a Time-out.

Just to be sure, I checked to see if Evernote is allowed to use mobile data and background refresh and both are enabled.

This sucks....

[/edit]

Hi. It seems I have been able to get EN working again on my iPhone. This what i did, not sure which step exactly fixed the issue, hope this will work for you guys as well.

Reinstalled the app.

Created a new note by sending an email to EN.

Synced EN.

Edited the new note on the iPhone client and returned to main screen.

Opened this note again, it was marked as conflicting edit with exactly the same text and time in both versions. (strange)

Deleted the note from the bottom menu "...", it stayed on the screen (strange) so had to navigate to the main screen.

In settings disabled all home screen customizations, but enabled sync status.

Added a new note in the iphone EN client, when asked about enabling location services, pressed No.

After this EN client started to work as usual, even after enabling back home screen customizations and location services.

My best guess is that none of those steps did the trick. I just opened the App and it seems to work just fine. And I didn't do anything to get it working. Didn't even touch it the last couple of days. I checked to see if it was updated automatically but that's not the case either.

Very strange... But it works again, yay! :-D

Now maybe all my effort to find an alternative the last couple of days was for nothing but it's fun to try out apps anyway... ;-)

Just hope it keeps working

• Level 5*

The not syncing seems to be a random act of violence as far as I can tell (other than it seems to occur when I really, really want to enter something on my phone or tablet).  Last night it was stuck at 85% sync on both the iPhone and the iPad.  Shut down EN multiple times, rebooted, all to no avail.  Woke up this morning and everything is synced.  Huh?

Scanned some things in this morning to my PC and still syncing okay.  Added a note on the phone and still syncing okay.  Let's see how long it lasts....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks -- just posted this info in the 7.6.2 update thread as well:

First, please make sure that you're running the latest version of the app from the store -- 7.6.3. You'll find this under Settings and scrolling to the bottom. For those of you still experiencing app hang issues in the latest version, there are two potential work arounds that may help:

1) Disable recently viewed notes in the Today widget. To try this, go to Settings > General, and change the "Recent Notes in Today" toggle to the off position.

2) If you are stuck in a hang loop, try a reboot of the device.

These are only temporary workarounds -- we are actively investigating these issues and looking to release a fix in our next update. Please let us know if these help resolve your issues in the meantime. If you're running into this and do not have the Today Widget on, PM me here as I'd like to request your activity logs. Thank you for your patience.

-jamie

I have exactly the same problem on my iPhone 4S, all has been working very well until recently but now it is bugging the hell out of me and made EN totally useless. Please EN give us a fix asap. Thanks.

Oh I cannot carry out your "work around" as EN on my iPhone is frozen up waiting on the sync icon to stop spinning, which it doesn't as I get fed up waiting and cancel the app.

• Level 5*

If you aren't on the 7.6.3 release, upgrade and then try it.  It seems to have fixed the majority of the issues for me which were just like the ones you have.  If already on 7.6.3, turn off recent notes and try then.

If you aren't on the 7.6.3 release, upgrade and then try it.  It seems to have fixed the majority of the issues for me which were just like the ones you have.  If already on 7.6.3, turn off recent notes and try then.

Thank you for your response as very much appreciated.

As of today EN is working perfectly, why? I do not know,  as I have not attempted any repairs. I will therefore see how we go over next few days and take action then if needed. I have the latest update as I regularly update all my apps via iTunes on my iMac computer and I was thinking that it was maybe one of the recent updates that has created this problem. Alternatively EN had a problem with syncing on their systems and have maybe fixed it. We will see. I like EN and use it all the time as it is so flexible. 

Archived