Permanently deleting the account (Free user)

I would like to permanently and completely delete my Evernote account. Seeing that I can't contact your support directly because I have a free account, I am posting my request here (as instructed by the support ticket page).

Thank you.

• Level 5*

If you are absolutely sure you want to delete everything, sign in to your account at Evernote.com, and delete all Notes.

Then, select "Account Settings" in the dropdown under your name.

At the bottom of the Account Summary page, click on "Deactivate your Evernote account"

I would like to permanently and completely delete my Evernote account. Seeing that I can't contact your support directly because I have a free account, I am posting my request here (as instructed by the support ticket page).

Thank you.

If you are absolutely sure you want to delete everything, sign in to your account at Evernote.com, and delete all Notes.

Then, select "Account Settings" in the dropdown under your name.

At the bottom of the Account Summary page, click on "Deactivate your Evernote account"

Thank you.

The steps JMichael suggested is required in order to proceed in deleting. You should save your notes first however incase you ever decide to use evernote again. They will save on your hard drive. And if you make a new acount you can reload them.

However this DOES NOT delete your account completely. It will still exist on Evernote servers. Also your email will be tied to it. (Unless you change email)

After you deactivate you need to contact evernote support. In order to completely delete your account. You need to contact them from the email adress you have an acount on. 

Posting to the forum is not contacting support.  Go to this link: https://evernote.com/contact/support/ (click Contact us for support)

If you havent deleted your notes and deactivated your account, they will not proceed with deleting the account...

You will get a ticket... Wait a substantial amount of time... And hopefully they will do it for you eventually.

This is a very drawn out process. And very counter-intuitive. I mean surely any information we provide to evernote, should be immediately deleted at our request, and shouldnt require us to contact support... There may be sensitive information that we simply do not want online anywhere... (i.e. the username, or the email... 

However this is the reality. And this is what you have to do.

You need to do this. Here is the step by step guide provided by evernote:

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23403793

• 11 months later...

After Evernote removed notes from trash so that I lost 2 years of data I decided to cancel my account.  Only I cant!  I have tried to access my account from 3 different browsers today.  Firefox gave me a survery to take (disgusted wth all "features") then a blank page.  Opera and IE let me log in but then a blank page.

I could not be more disgusted with this trash program.  I guess I'm lucky theres no data left to delete.

Archived