Evernote for Mac 6: Mac App Store Version - Notes Not Loading, Untitled Note or Slowness Issues

SoftwareMarcus

Idea

Some Mac App Store customers are seeing a number of issues that have sprung up in the 6.0.0 release. 

Notes not displaying and note title issues

We believe 6.0.1 will fix these issues.  We are in review at Apple and hope to release 6.0.1 to Mac App Store customers as soon as Apple approves it.  We believe these issues can be made worse by the reindexing that occurs in the background right after migrating to 6.0 from 5.5.

General slowness

1) Reindexing can slow down your system and could cause note editing it be slow.  For most people reindexing should not take very long but a few customers have reported it taking as long as a day. Once reindexing is finished, Evernote will work as fast as it did in the past or faster.   2) Another thing to try is to log out of your Evernote account, restart your machine and to log back in.

If you are seeing any of these issues and can’t wait for Apple to approve 6.0.1, you can always download version 6.0.2 of Evernote from: https://evernote.com/download/.

91 replies to this idea

All you needed was a modal dialog upon launch saying:"

1) to be patient waiting for reindexing

We actually do have a dialog to tell people migration and reindexing will take awhile but I think most people just dismiss it.  I also think for some reindexing takes a lot longer than they think it should.  We've heard reports that it's taken days for some people.   

On another note, I have also seen a lot of speculation that new features like Work Chat are the cause of these issues.  This couldn't be further from the truth.  Work chat is an isolated feature and doesn't really affect the notes portion of the product.  You have to remember we've basically rewritten Evernote Mac from scratch and replaced major portions of the note editor and sync engine to build a solid foundation for the future.  When you make massive changes like that there are sometimes set backs and these are the types of issues you're going to see.  Again, this is why we delayed the Mac App store release for 2 months so we could work through the issues with download customers but we didn't realize the environments were different enough that the problems would be different. 

In any case, I think we're turning a corner.   We've submitted 6.0.4 to the Mac App Store and are now just waiting for Apple to approve it so we can release it to everyone.  I think it's going to solve a lot of people's issues but the odds are there will still be people who see issues which we'll work through.

Marcus - thanks for reply directly to the thread and trying to work through this!  As a major, multi-year EN user, it's been really frustrating to see new features, like chat, pop-up at what appears to be the expense of those features that make / made EN so great, like SPEED!  That said, happy to help be part of the solution, will follow the link to the beta.  As far as set-up, and issues, if this helps.

Scopo, did you try the beta yet.  I'm hoping your issues are fixed.  We don't see any of the issues you describe so there is definitely something weird going on.  

Hi - Yes, I'm running the Beta, now on day 2.  Couple of observations....

What's improving....

1. Speed of notes appearing seems to be improved today vs. yesterday, so maybe that's indexing (?) e.g. click on a note and text is displayed

2. Speed of search results appearing seems to be improved today, e.g. enter search text, see search recommendations

What's not improving...

3. Delay in "Paste", when you try to paste text into a note using cmd-V, nothing happens for a few seconds, then pastes

4. Delay in attachments, when you drag an attachment (PDF) from Finder to Note, there is a long delay

...maybe those are related (?)

Happy to send screencast if you think that would help.  Thanks!  SP

post-106708-0-93491600-1418436028_thumb.

Marcus - thanks for reply directly to the thread and trying to work through this!  As a major, multi-year EN user, it's been really frustrating to see new features, like chat, pop-up at what appears to be the expense of those features that make / made EN so great, like SPEED!  That said, happy to help be part of the solution, will follow the link to the beta.  As far as set-up, and issues, if this helps.

Scopo, did you try the beta yet.  I'm hoping your issues are fixed.  We don't see any of the issues you describe so there is definitely something weird going on.  

One more configuration experiencing this problem:

• 2.7 GHz i7 MacBook Pro
  • 512GB SSD, 100GB free
  • 2x 24" displays attached through mini-display port (laptop lid closed).
  • Mavericks clean installation
  • Invisible notes are not shared.
  • Invisibility affects both local and server notes
  • App store version of Evernote.
  • Rebooting resolves issue temporarily, but it happens again over time

Feel free to contact me if you want to debug remotely when issue occurs.

I've tried logging off Evernote, rebooting the mac, and logging back in but I'm still seeing the slow performance and blank note issues.

- MacMini (late 2012), 16GB, OS X 10.10.1, two 1920x1200 monitors 

- App Store version of Evernote 6.0.3

- usually running Evernote alongside JumpDesktop and one or two Adobe Apps

When I open Evernote, it sometimes hangs immediately and other times starts off ok then gradually starts hanging, losing the ability to edit notes, and ultimately stops displaying note contents completely. Looking at Activity Monitor, Evernote went from about 80MB of memory usage when first opened to around 900 MB when it lost all functionality. 

I followed the suggestion by JMichael and Marcus: now Evernote version 6.0.3 on OS X 10.10.1 seems working ok.

I am using it from an hour after executing the two suggested points, and its speed is totally different from before. The cursor is returned speedy appearing where I clicked! (before applying the suggestion the cursor taked many seconds to appear and it was almost impossible to work in the editor!)

The hardware configuration is MacBook Air mid 2013 - i7 - 8GB RAM

Then I totally agree with Gemfinder:

"If this is due to re-indexing, then it is a design error not to communicate that fact.  Thousands of us out here think there is something wrong with the application.  All you needed was a modal dialog upon launch saying:"

1) to be patient waiting for reindexing

2) to log off from the software and reboot the mac (perhaps various times).

Then I suggest Evernote Corporation to send an email to EACH evernote user recommending the two above points suggested by JMichael and Marcus but not enough evident for each user.

I hope that next time Evernote Corporation be more cautious before releasing a new version of Evernote. It needs a good test and good release notes!!!

This time it created big problems to us Evernote users!

I had an oddity in my Activity log which only happens when the error occurs. I fixed it with a reboot of the machine and a log out.

Logging out and restarting the app and logging back in didn't fix it.

I have no shared notes. I have had Evernote installed for a few years, App Store version (for a while), and I moved my user profile from one Mac on to this one. Problems occur randomly since v6. Not having the problem since my reboot.

Activity Log is in this post: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/78980-blank-cards/?p=332309

...and would be happy to participate in screen share or make videos of specific actions if you think that would help to diagnose.  EN is quickly becoming unusable.  

+1 on gemfinder comment re; note moves requiring multiple clicks now. stuff like that is really annoying and takes away from SPEED.

SoftwareMarcus, sorry I was grumpy about this before.  As a programmer I have been in your situation:  consumer product, intermittent bug, argh.

Yes, it's a display issue, not data loss.  If it helps, here is one configuration:

• 2014 Macbook Pro, 16Gb RAM, SSD drive.
  • Giant external monitor (laptop lid closed).
  • Yosemite installed over Mavericks, installed over various prior OS X versions. (permissions issue?)
  • Evernote window positioned in the right half of the giant external monitor. (display bounds/offset issue?)
  • Invisible notes are all PDFs scanned with a Canon ImageFormula P-150M.
  • Invisible notes are not shared.
  • App store version of Evernote.

The notes reappeared when I logged out of Evernote, rebooted the computer, and logged back in again.

Hey, when the dust settles on all this, can you please bring back the popup to move a note to a new notebook?  The new modal dialog for that is cumbersome, adds two extra clicks every time you add a note and assign it to a notebook.

My major problems that seem to be increasing (after reading forums, I reinstalled the direct download version same issues)

1. Search is VERY slow.  When I enter search text it seems like it takes forever to show search results;

2. Note display is inconsistent, sometimes slow, sometimes blank.  Click on a note title under Recent Notes and nothing

3. Paste is slow...cmd-v to paste text and nothing, then about 30 seconds later the text is pasted

4. Attachments are VERY slow to show up.  Drag and drop from Finder to a note and won't show up for about 30 seconds.  This is pretty consistent.

As far as set up / use questions...

- not sharing notes, no local notes

- no apps

- seems to happen with both simple text notes and notes with attachments.

Hope this helps and really hope this gets resolved soon.  

post-106708-0-89265700-1418359910_thumb.

Sure. It may not affect very many, but it does affect some, and for those some losing data, without receiving any official warning or recommendations, is a big deal. It’s like if your auto mechanic had 5% of newish cars come in that were indefinately inoperable following some repairs and the mechanic decided the right move would be to just not say anything about it.

James, I know you're angry.  I understand.  

I'm not saying this issue is any less important because not everyone is seeing it or trying to make excuses.  This is clearly a bad issue no matter how many people run into it.  I'm just trying to explain why it's difficult for us to fix and why we didn't catch it before we shipped.  The easiest things to turn around are the issues that can be captured via easily reproducible steps. Do step 1, then step 2, then step 3, bug.  When the issue tends to appear "randomly" sort of like this one, it makes it very difficult to fix because we don't have any clues as to where to investigate.

The bottom line is we think we have a fix for at least some of the reasons people are running into this issue.  We won't know for sure if it fixes everyone's problem until people start using it.  And by the way, I don't think you've lost your data.  If you go to the Evernote web site or another Evernote client your data should all be there.  We think this is a just a display issue.  For a number of reasons we get in a state where we're not able to display the note content.

So if we try downloading the new one, do we have to delete the old one first? I don't want to lose all copies of my data if it is not backed up on the website. I'm also in the middle of finals and trying to write papers based on the notes that I can't access in Evernote. :-( I tried downloading the version from the website but it will not install over the one I have even if I quit.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/77444-how-to-completely-remove-and-reinstall-en-mac/

So if we try downloading the new one, do we have to delete the old one first? I don't want to lose all copies of my data if it is not backed up on the website. I'm also in the middle of finals and trying to write papers based on the notes that I can't access in Evernote. :-( I tried downloading the version from the website but it will not install over the one I have even if I quit.

We're trying very hard to find the root problem of the blank note issue.  You have to understand that the majority of people never run into this issue even though it may seem like it on the forums.

Sure. It may not affect very many, but it does affect some, and for those some losing data, without receiving any official warning or recommendations, is a big deal. It’s like if your auto mechanic had 5% of newish cars come in that were indefinately inoperable following some repairs and the mechanic decided the right move would be to just not say anything about it.

It's not that easy for us to reproduce reliably in our offices and if we can't reproduce it reliably we can't fix it.  We have no idea why some people see it all the time but most don't.  It could be data related - like the type of content you import or the web pages you copy, machine speed, note sharing, local notes, other apps, RAM, hard drive space, App Store sandboxing.
If you’re not able to reproduce it why do you say below that you are?
my experiences
-data: doesn’t seem data related; would occur for notes with simple text in relation to the opening thing; also applies for newly created notes for which putting in any data is impossible, at a minimum for long periods; i don’t import from web and still had it
-machine speed: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5 with 16 GB of DDR3; don’t see any link; believe that it occurs on my other machines
-note sharing: not sharing any notes; occurs in notes for which there is no connection to sharing (e.g., newly created notes)
-local notes: don’t have any; again doesn’t seem at all connected
-other apps: maybe, but no obvious connection
-RAM: ^
-hard drive space: 473.9 GB free
-App Store sandboxing: maybe; would explain parts or all of what has been described so far

We're not sure. Download customers were basically using the same software for the past 2 months and of course we use Evernote Mac everyday in our office and are not running into this issue.   This has been a really perplexing bug to nail down.

The good news is we've been able to find one pathway to replicate the problem consistently and have a fix for for that one pathway but we're not sure it covers all the situations where customers run into this issue.  It would be really helpful if those of you who are seeing blank notes can test our 6.0.4 Beta 2 release which has this fix so we can see if we've got this one nailed or not.

If people continue to see the issue it might be useful to learn what is unique about their set up.  For example are you sharing notes?
-sharing notes: no.

Are you using local notes and are those not appearing.
-local notes: no.

Have you just upgraded and could still be reindexing which may tax your system and therefore cause a delay in the way the notes load.
-just upgraded: maybe; it would help to know how long that period can be, like mean duration and max possible duration; the problems started right after going to 6 for me and same thing after going to 6.0.3; problems don’t seem to be there now, perhaps after some restarts and more time from update

Are specific notes not loading?
-specific notes: doesn’t seem related to specific notes or specific notebooks; I stopped trying to open anything that seemed like it didn’t want to open and would not edit Title or anything like that for fear that it would blank the note

If so what is unique about those notes?  Are they copies of web pages or were they created from scratch in Evernote.
-uniqueness; web | scratch: don’t seem to be specific notes; weren’t created from web; created in earlier versions of Evernote

The bottom line is we are very concerned about this bug and are doing everything we can to fix it.  Here's a link to my 6.0.4 Beta 2 forum post to learn about Beta 2 and how to download it.  

P.S. By the way, this also has a performance fix.  This is another bug that has been really hard to track down. It appears that some people who switch between multiple Evernote accounts could run into a serious performance bug and we've fixed that in 6.0.4.  Like the blank note fix, this performance fix may not fix all performance issues.

Just wanted to confirm that I downloaded 6.0.3 and simply installed it over my 6.0.3 (451141 App Store) version, and now I see all my notes immediately, not after several minutes, see their titles, and can edit them. I'm running OS X 10.8.5. Whew.

I was having terrible issues with my recent Evernote update from the app store (I'm running Mavericks). I trashed the app, downloaded the one from this website and now it's actually working better than ever. Hopefully I won't have any new glitches. Give it a go!

We're trying very hard to find the root problem of the blank note issue.  You have to understand that the majority of people never run into this issue even though it may seem like it on the forums.  It's not that easy for us to reproduce reliably in our offices and if we can't reproduce it reliably we can't fix it.  We have no idea why some people see it all the time but most don't.  It could be data related - like the type of content you import or the web pages you copy, machine speed, note sharing, local notes, other apps, RAM, hard drive space, App Store sandboxing.  We're not sure. Download customers were basically using the same software for the past 2 months and of course we use Evernote Mac everyday in our office and are not running into this issue.   This has been a really perplexing bug to nail down.

The good news is we've been able to find one pathway to replicate the problem consistently and have a fix for for that one pathway but we're not sure it covers all the situations where customers run into this issue.  It would be really helpful if those of you who are seeing blank notes can test our 6.0.4 Beta 2 release which has this fix so we can see if we've got this one nailed or not.  If people continue to see the issue it might be useful to learn what is unique about their set up.  For example are you sharing notes?  Are you using local notes and are those not appearing. Have you just upgraded and could still be reindexing which may tax your system and therefore cause a delay in the way the notes load.  Are specific notes not loading?  If so what is unique about those notes?  Are they copies of web pages or were they created from scratch in Evernote.

The bottom line is we are very concerned about this bug and are doing everything we can to fix it.  Here's a link to my 6.0.4 Beta 2 forum post to learn about Beta 2 and how to download it.  

P.S. By the way, this also has a performance fix.  This is another bug that has been really hard to track down. It appears that some people who switch between multiple Evernote accounts could run into a serious performance bug and we've fixed that in 6.0.4.  Like the blank note fix, this performance fix may not fix all performance issues.

• Level 5*

The problems with the AppStore version apparently come from problems in dealing with the Apple Mac Sandbox, which is required for AppStore apps.

Jackolicious (EN employee), on 07 Dec 2014 - 9:52 PM, said:

Sandboxing (in the Mac App Store) is currently causing some very strange note-loading errors. As far as we can tell, these don't exist in the direct download version. 

The code-base between the two binary types is the same if the version numbers match (currently 6.0.3 is in both direct download and app store).

Having said that, I'd appreciate it if someone would explain why one version seems fine whereas the other clearly is not.

I'm sure that many of you have tried this already and sorry if it does nothing for you, but something that seems to have worked for me was simply restarting my machine a few times.

I'm reluctant to remove the copy from App Store and put the downloaded on one. Doing it is easy enough, but I haven't seen anything official from Evernote that this would not introduce its own set of problems, especially long-term.

Having said that, I'd appreciate it if someone would explain why one version seems fine whereas the other clearly is not.

I'm also +1 in the group that will look elsewhere upon the completion of my 'premium'.

Evernote recently sent me an email inviting me to upgrade from 5.7.2 (which I recently installed manually to overcome the version 6 debacle. I have little inclination to accept their advise to upgrade. 5.7.2 works. And the forums are filled with continued issues related to 6.0.2 and 6.0.3. Why the push to have me upgrade???? Why the email? Why the messed up release? Why the limited commentary from Evernote management addressing openly how HORRENDOUS this whole thing was? Instead of a brief, superficial email inviting me to upgrade to a version I don't trust... I really would have preferred a lengthy email from Phil himself addressing how horrible this has been and why I should trust Evernote into the future as they have proven so easily prove to corporate mishaps that could cost me my data (or at least hours or days of time to reconstruct it - even from XML exported backups). This was no small moment for Evernote. The opportunity to jump out front of the PR situation and guide the users through the experience presented itself and Evernote fell flat on its face.

I'm content with 5.7.2 for now and I'll wait a few more months to see what future versions solve.

Hi,

I have an issue that came up after I used the presentation view and implemented markers in the presentation mode. When I go back to the standard view, I cannot edit my notes anymore (see attached image). The text tool doesn't appear in the text box. It's as if the note is frozen. Some notes' content does not even display anymore.

Has this bug been reporter? Can I have help on this issue?

Thanks.

Patrick

post-241778-0-47952700-1418766446_thumb.

I am using 6.0.3 which was working ok after I updated from the app store and rebooted. Now it has gone back to not loading the notes, they are all blank and load individually and very slowly.  I notice people are saying the 6.0.5 is crashing so I think I will skip that one and hope you can figure out how to make this work again. It has been buggy all month. I find evernote to be an incredibly useful tool so this long term problem is disappointing. Hope is gets resolved soon, I will keep an eye on this forum for news.

Mac OS 10.10.1 - Evernote 6.0.5 (451190 Direct) Local Notebooks (no sync) disappeared after upgrade to version 6. Logged a ticket and sent activity log. Still waiting for a resolution. I have Time Machine enabled. I would like to retrieve the data that was stored locally in these notebooks. I cannot export the data and restart from scratch because I am afraid to wipe out whatever remains in the database. Evernote, please do something about this. 

I am not able to see the details of my notes in the card view when i switch between cards - it seems to take at least 1 minute to get the notes to display.  This seems to be a brand new issue for me, it wasn't happening last week.

I can see the notes on my phone, and via the browser instance.

Running Mac 10.10.1 and Evernote 6.0.3.

Just to add that I too have been suffering the 'notes not loading' problem in v6.0.3. Well, I haven't really been suffering because I just stopped using Evernote: software that doesn't work isn't any use to me.

After reading a post here this morning, I visited the Mac App Store, found v6.0.5 (why wasn't it flagged in my updates?) and duly updated it. Evernote now seems to be working fine again.

HALLELUJAH! Its working again!

I too was experiencing problems after upgrading from v5 to v6 a few weeks ago. My situation:

EN 6.0.3 (App Store) on Macbook Pro, Mavericks, external monitor (extended desktop, not mirroring).

No local notes.

No sharing.

Several notebooks, lots of notes, mostly text, a few attachments.

Use it daily, mostly on my Macbook Pro.

My notes were all showing up -- but several minutes after opening the app.

Titles were all there.

Notes were not editable once they finally showed up. Clicking anywhere in a note produced a warning beep. Not able to even copy & paste.

Synchronization was not always working.

Fortunately, I could log in to the web version and also have EN working fine on my iphone & ipad. After problem appeared, while looking for a solution, I found Revert.io and signed up for a free account to back up my EN on a daily basis. I recommend this service, its free, and gives me access to both current and backed up versions of my notes!

THE FIX:

I was about to try the suggested uninstall of App version and install of download beta version, when I decided to check App Store once more for updates. Low and behold, there was a 6.0.5 update for EN! I clicked on it, it installed, and Evernote reopened. It synchronized, and then my notes all immediately popped up. I can now edit, copy, paste, move notes, retitle, etc.

Thank you for solving this problem! I think that being patient for a few weeks while waiting for an update with a fix turned out to be well worth it, rather than tinkering myself and risking losing notes or doubling up the database. I appreciate all who contributed to this forum as well as the hard working Evernote employees. I know they worked very hard to figure this out. I am grateful, as I use a FREE account but rely heavily on this application daily.

Well... bizarrely... everything is now working fine on my MacPro. I did NOT update. I am still at 6.0.3 (451151) from apple store.

I think that it IS an issue of notebook updating, as has been mentioned in here. I left Evernote running over night (by accident, granted!) and since then everything works fine. There are also no more errors in my activity log.

So, I think the issue is not fully updated notebooks.

Anyway, I'm a happy camper.

Probably too obvious, but could the disappearing notes just be a display bounds error, where the app is trying to draw to the disabled laptop display (or to its offscreen display bounds)?

At least two missing-notes complainants here have the following configuration -- anybody else?

• Macbook Pro.
  • Lid closed.
  • Large external monitor(s).
  • App updated (not first-time install) from App Store.
  • OSX Yosemite installed over Mavericks.

If you have missing notes, and your config is NOT like this, please post.  Thanks.

I'm on a desktop. My laptop is fine. And I am on Mavericks. I posted this already.

Yep, this just hit me today for the first time, after about four hours' work.... zingo. Gone. And, yes, text does reappear from a selected note after sitting idly for two or three minutes, though it is read-only. Fortunately, I was able to pull it up on my iPad and email the text to myself, since the Mac version is suddenly not functional.

Evernote 6.0.3 (updated thru App Store) on OSX 10.10.1.

Same stuff. Newly created notes have cursor only in 'click to add tags' and unable to access any other area of the note. After a long delay (many seconds), then able to edit Title, but not main area of the note.

Accessing already created notes also shows problems. Clicking on a note that was already in 'side list view' (for example) will show nothing in the note to the right for a very long period. Eventually the content of the note will load.

Double clicking on the note in 'side list view' to take it out on its own brings up what seems to be a blank note, with only the title of the note shown at the very top. No content is loaded and no areas of the note can be edited.

Probably too obvious, but could the disappearing notes just be a display bounds error, where the app is trying to draw to the disabled laptop display (or to its offscreen display bounds)?

At least two missing-notes complainants here have the following configuration -- anybody else?

• Macbook Pro.
  • Lid closed.
  • Large external monitor(s).
  • App updated (not first-time install) from App Store.
  • OSX Yosemite installed over Mavericks.

If you have missing notes, and your config is NOT like this, please post.  Thanks.

I really do not understand the response to these problems.

Has there been any official email from Evernote about what's going on and when it will be resolved?

If not, is that normal approach from Evernote?

If the problem is related to indexing, why not tell people if there is a way to check if their system is indexing and whether the indexing can be halted so that they might, for example, see whether doing so resolves these issues?

Is there any metrics for such things as time to load content? If there are such metrics, can they be accessed by a user and are they being sent to Evernote?

Has anyone experienced these issues with non-AppStore installs? Same question regarding 6.0.3 and 6.0.4?

If it is to do with indexing, why does the indexing continue for many days (e.g., people continue to experience the problem for a few weeks now) and what do 3 and 4 do differently in terms of that?

I find it totally unacceptable for these problems to have gone on for this long. It's basically meant being locked out of anything I've kept on Evernote. I will look to migrate to something else in the next few weeks.

Marcus Aiu @softwaremarkus #softwaremarkus

Not sure how to attention this to you... sorry

I have 6.0.3 for Mac (App store)

1. The notes are taking AGES to appear - like 5 minutes... where are they?

2. Then it cannot be edited

3. and the title in the notes page editor is INFERIOR to what it was before - it'd in a tiny box now only about 25 characters wide. Sure, the characters scroll, BUT WHO WANTS A SCROLLING TITLE??? Not me!!

4. and, I was using EN for a CMS of my documents - now it's getting CRAZY IMPOSSIBLE to use

5. I was testing it to see if I would go pro, and a couple of months ago, before CRAZY I sure would have. Need the bugs out to really work so I would spend money

I used to LOOOOOVE this product. Now it is hurting my work productivity seriously

RSVP dude

Phill

• Level 5

I have (seemingly) blank notes too. Having read the above notes and tried a few things this is what I've observed (6.0.3 on iMac 2012 running Yosemite);

I have the blank notes problem also.

This is a known problem of the App Store version. You can download a beta version from Evernote that tries to solve that problem.

See here: https://discussion.e...eta-2-released/

I have the blank notes problem also. Specs:

App store v 6.0.3 (451151), MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012, 8GB RAM running Yosemite 10.10.1

- Notes are synced, some are shared. Blankness affects all notes.

- All notes were typed in directly, no images or attachments, no fancy fonts, just plain text.

- Notes range from maybe a year old up to a few hours ago.

- When a note is selected the content appears *exactly* 60 seconds later.

- Once the note appears, can edit only the title, cannot edit the body test.

- Machine is running fine, plenty of RAM, plenty of disk, system is not swapping, CPU is mostly idle, Evernote process is steady at about 70MB size.

- Loads of errors in the activity log similar to what Phil has posted above

- Logged in user is running *without* admin privileges

Anything else you want to know? Send me a suitable dtrace script if you want to probe certain things in the app while it does the 60sec stall. I can reproduce it 100% of the time even after restarting.

Here is a snippet of log - it goes on and on with many of the same errors repeated:

Version: Evernote Mac 6.0.3 (451151)   Locale: en-AU       OS: 10.10.1   WebKit: 600.1.25  WebCore: 600.1.25Mac Model: MacBookAir5,2 CPU Type: IntelCPU Count: 4CPU Speed: 1.800000 GHz      RAM: 8.000000 GB     Date: 2014-12-14 08:07:44 +00002014/12/14 18:00:00:842 E|*** -[ENCommonEditorWebView callJavascriptENMethod:args:] main | Calling EN.queryCommandEnabled((    title)) failed with exception: [<DOMAbstractView 0x60000083a5e0> valueForUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key EN.2014/12/14 18:00:00:842 E|*** -[ENCommonEditorWebView callJavascriptQueryCommandEnabled:] main | Expected a boolean value as result for queryCommandEnabled: title (null)2014/12/14 18:00:00:842 E|*** -[ENCommonEditorWebView callJavascriptENMethod:args:] main | Calling EN.execCommand((    addundo,    "",    "")) failed with exception: [<DOMAbstractView 0x60000083a5e0> valueForUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key EN.2014/12/14 18:00:00:842 E|*** -[ENCommonEditorWebView callJavascriptENMethod:args:] main | Calling EN.queryCommandValue((    content,    "{\"withInsertionPoint\":false,\"stripNS\":true,\"trim\":true,\"cleanup\":true,\"hiddenCryptoData\":{},\"wrap\":true,\"titleString\":\"Learn Security Debugging\"}")) failed with exception: [<DOMAbstractView 0x60000083a5e0> valueForUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key EN.2014/12/14 18:00:00:842 E|*** -[ENCommonEditorWebView commitEditingWithCompletion:] main | No HTML after processing for commit! (null)2014/12/14 18:00:00:842 I|*   -[ENCommonEditorWebView setNoteContentNeedsCommit:] main | changing from 1 to 02014/12/14 18:00:00:842 E|*** -[ENCommonEditorWebView callJavascriptENMethod:args:] main | Calling EN.execCommand((    changes,    false,    "")) failed with exception: [<DOMAbstractView 0x60000083a5e0> valueForUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key EN.

I have (seemingly) blank notes too. Having read the above notes and tried a few things this is what I've observed (6.0.3 on iMac 2012 running Yosemite);

• notes are perfectly visible on iPad and iPhone.
  • on Mac, card view shows image of content but as soon as click to open a card in a window - nothing. Blank.
  • If I wait for 60s the content will eventually appear.
  • If I click Present on a card the content shows up in Presentation ok
  • If I open a note in a window, then open a second different note in another window straight away, the content of the first note appears immediately!

Weird or what?

Btw this applies to notes that have been created both recently and over months past, on the Mac and created via both text only or photos button on iPhone and iPad. 

I have 2 machines - a MacBook Air and a MacPro. Both are running 10.9.5 (Mavericks). Both are running 6.0.3 App Store version of Evernote.

On the MacBookAir everything is fine. On the MacPro I can't edit notes, it takes minutes(!) sometimes for note content to appear. If I click to a second note and then back to the first note it takes another few minutes for it to reappear. It is like it is constantly downloading content, not saving it locally. 

I also cannot edit any notes on the MacPro, no matter how long I wait.

I've been a loyal EN user for years but at this point I don't care about history. I need it working!

Edit:

Comparing 'Activity Logs' on the two machines, there are oodles (sorry for the technical language) of these errors on the macPro:

********* The Activity Log may contain information about your account and notes.* For example, the titles of some of your notes may be mentioned in this log file.* When providing log information, feel free to edit the file to remove anything* you do not want to send us.********  Version: Evernote Mac 6.0.3 (451151)   Locale: en-CA       OS: 10.9.5   WebKit: 537.78.2  WebCore: 537.78.1Mac Model: MacPro1,1 CPU Type: IntelCPU Count: 4CPU Speed: 2.660000 GHz      RAM: 4.000000 GB     Date: 2014-12-13 03:13:51 +00002014/12/13 12:13:34:898 E|*** -[ENCommonEditorWebView callJavascriptQueryCommandEnabled:] main | Expected a boolean value as result for queryCommandEnabled: title (null)2014/12/13 12:13:34:899 E|*** -[ENCommonEditorWebView callJavascriptENMethod:args:] main | Calling EN.execCommand((    changes,    false,    "")) failed with exception: [<DOMAbstractView 0x60800043fe80> valueForUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key EN.

On another note, I have also seen a lot of speculation that new features like Work Chat are the cause of these issues.  This couldn't be further from the truth.  Work chat is an isolated feature and doesn't really affect the notes portion of the product.  You have to remember we've basically rewritten Evernote Mac from scratch and replaced major portions of the note editor and sync engine to build a solid foundation for the future.  When you make massive changes like that there are sometimes set backs and these are the types of issues you're going to see.  Again, this is why we delayed the Mac App store release for 2 months so we could work through the issues with download customers but we didn't realize the environments were different enough that the problems would be different. 

...i don't think its so much trying to say that adding these features caused a particular problem, it's more a sense of a lack of focus. I'm sure it's not as simple as this, but if those resources used to develop new features like chat that hardcore EN users may not find as useful were instead focused on testing or on making the core EN features better (like embedded video in a note, links to local files, etc), then this may not have happened.  Again, probably total speculation, but I think that's part of the frustration IMO.  

I (unfortunately) did the Mac App store upgrade to Evernote 6.0 a couple of days ago and it has become completely unworkable. It took all night for the initial re-indexing to complete, and now when I click on a note it takes more than 60 seconds to show the note content. I have rebooted countless times, restarted EN countless times ... next step is to completely remove it and try the non-AppStore version, but I'm nervous when I hear there are differences in where the notes are stored ...

Seriously looking at alternatives now - I'm not putting my business at risk with this level of quality control.

It is hard to know where to start with Evernote Mac 6.0.2 issues

The most critical is that the sync function is dead so that the couple of hundred documents I scanned into Evernote in my weekend administrative blitz are stranded on my desktop which won't sync.  Errors vary from "Cannot establish secure SSL connection" to " Cannot sync <note>" to "Cannot connect to the server".  All of my other applications work fine and my internet connection has been stable and reliable.

And the recommended fix from the illustrious tech support group is to wipe the application and its data and start over.... not happening because I've already shredded 60 of the documents I scanned in.   So I took the pill and started exporting all my notes of the 60 odd notebooks (of which at least 30 were updated locally in the last four days) but that process started failing too.  Exporting a dozen notes on average 2 MB each created a .ENEX file that was 3 MB... forgive me if I have no confidence that the notes are properly backed up.  Furthermore, the Exporting process sometimes worked by dragging and dropping and sometimes that didn't work at all and I had to right click on the group of notes and call up the export function (which in turn failed a few times as well).  Worse yet, because the export process can only be done on a per notebook basis and you don't automatically name the export with the name of the source notebook, one has to either recreate the stack as a series of folders or decode your numbering system.  I am a couple of Evernote hating hours into this process and each minute that ticks by increases the venom.

My last attempt at a fix was to upgrade from Mavericks 10.9.5 to Yosemite having read a thread that Evernote 6.0.X worked more smoothly on Yosemite 10.10.1 ... no dice.

So I am at standstill, can't sync, can't backup reliably and have shredded some of that content that is scanned into and my only option from the support ticket is wipe all the content and reinstall... are you serious?   I cannot fathom how inadequate a quality assurance program has to be to deliver such an unreliable piece of software.

On a last note (pun intended), somewhere on your website it says that uninstalling, wiping content and reinstalling the evernote client does not put content at risk because it is all stored on your servers... which of course isn't true for local notebooks and content that is trapped due to a failed sync function.  For the non-tech user (the intended reader of that particular piece of content), your communication is very risky if Evernote is the only place they have put their content.

My confidence is utterly shaken.  I hope you can come up with some magic trick to restore the sync function so I can avoid the risk of improprer backups.

I had the same once I had upgraded to 6 it was dog slow for a day or so, but then it was ok.  Today I load evernote and it's gone backwards.  So slow again, once I can see the notes I can't edit them.  Plus notes are now saying untitled.

This is now unusable on my mac.  If they know there are issues why not push the update to the Mac app store is pull this version as it's got quite a major problem

Just to be clear -- you need to improve your quality assurance process in your software release lifecycle. This feels to me an obvious data-losing bug, which should have been picked up even with causal regression testing. There are many paying customers depending on your cloud services for their critical data. Diverting resources away from your core features set to new nice-to-haves like Work Chat (which is useless for 90% of us, IMHO) is a dangerous path to go down. Blaming Apple for your own software defects is not a good start. Please admit your mistakes and move on. I hope the product management team is listening here.

Yes, totally agreed. Work chat is useless in my opinion, because most people have already a work chat system. Please cover the basic functions of the software first before you even think about anything new. Evernote is great, but in the last few month showing a lot of buggy and unstable releases. Moving features in (presentation mode) and moving them out without any announcement ... 

And I was complaining about Microsoft in the past  ;) - less is sometimes more ... 

And Evernote people, don't get us wrong: We are upset because most of us love the work and the idea of Evernote and depend on it for our daily work. That's the reason we are upset and angry or frustrated at the moment. It is the first time in years that I'm writing posts in a forum system in the middle of the night. Shows you how important Evernote is for us ...

Me personally I did not want to go back to a Microsoft product on my Mac (even if it is only OneNote) if I don't need to. 

Just to be clear -- you need to improve your quality assurance process in your software release lifecycle. This feels to me an obvious data-losing bug, which should have been picked up even with causal regression testing. There are many paying customers depending on your cloud services for their critical data. Diverting resources away from your core features set to new nice-to-haves like Work Chat (which is useless for 90% of us, IMHO) is a dangerous path to go down. Blaming Apple for your own software defects is not a good start. Please admit your mistakes and move on. I hope the product management team is listening here.

I was going to suggest a beta version of the app, because you aren't seeing these quality control issues in-house, and a larger customer base would help track it down. However, I hesitate to recommend something that would muck up data even for beta testers -- this destructive stuff should be out of the app before it hits any users. Second, I think the Apple appstore doesn't allow betas.

I know some developers (BareBones comes to mind) have stopped using the appstore because of Apple's atrocious mishandling of things. A good example would be the current situation: Evernote has an app that is destroying data for some users, but they cannot pull the app from the store and they cannot replace it with a corrected version, so it sits there as the "editor's choice" causing trouble for Evernote and its users. Up until now, we know that updates have been very, very slow to come to appstore users. Then, there was (is?) the problem with Spotlight searches. Whatever benefits the appstore may have, its inflexibility doesn't seem worth the effort. Then again, that might be said about other things Apple :)

I guess the App Store is somehow not flexible. I personally like it, because I can update all my Macs in one place and did not need to search for a newer versions of all the software packages installed on my computer.

But in this case it is not a App Store problem but a buggy software release on Evernote's side ...

Looks like you have a serious quality assurance problem. This 6.0 release is buggy and didn't show notes. This is the basic feature of Evernote: Show my notes, please! There should be a way to download a stable release (5.x) without using my backup to find an old Evernote version to see my notes.

I'm on a business trip and didn't have my Time Machine backups with me ...

Hope 6.02 will fix that ...

Oh and by the way: Would love to get a support Email about major issues (and not showing notes is a major one) - but Evernote is quiet about that. I'm not against product up sell Emails, but would prefer customer support first. Can buy a pen or a pricey bag later ... 

Some Mac App Store customers are seeing a number of issues that have sprung up in the 6.0.0 release. 

Notes not displaying and note title issues
We believe 6.0.1 will fix these issues.  We are in review at Apple and hope to release 6.0.1 to Mac App Store customers as soon as Apple approves it.  We believe these issues can be made worse by the reindexing that occurs in the background right after migrating to 6.0 from 5.5.

General slowness
1) Reindexing can slow down your system and could cause note editing it be slow.  For most people reindexing should not take very long but a few customers have reported it taking as long as a day. Once reindexing is finished, Evernote will work as fast as it did in the past or faster.   2) Another thing to try is to log out of your Evernote account, restart your machine and to log back in.

If you are seeing any of these issues and can’t wait for Apple to approve 6.0.1, you can always download version 6.0.2 of Evernote from: https://evernote.com/download/.

I upgraded my iMac on Mountain Lion to 6.0.2 and it continually crashes on startup. I removed and reinstalled the program and have the same problem.  Should have waited:-(

• Level 5

I checked into the forum because I was missing most of my note content this AM.  (WT...? )  I just downloaded 6.02 via the link you posted and right after install my Norton antivirus detected a backdoor trojan.  I wish I was making this up, but I'm simply reporting what appeared in the Norton dialogue box. The good news is that I can now view my content, though many of my files have lost their titles and are listed as "untitled."  Hope you can get this all straighted out ASAP.   Was thinking about upgraading to the pro version, but now I'm not so sure.  

Since you are already using 6.0.2 the problems you describe are solved. However, the missing note titles will not reappear. Unfortunately, you will have to add them again.

I checked into the forum because I was missing most of my note content this AM.  (WT...? )  I just downloaded 6.02 via the link you posted and right after install my Norton antivirus detected a backdoor trojan.  I wish I was making this up, but I'm simply reporting what appeared in the Norton dialogue box. The good news is that I can now view my content, though many of my files have lost their titles and are listed as "untitled."  Hope you can get this all straighted out ASAP.   Was thinking about upgraading to the pro version, but now I'm not so sure.  

• Level 5*

Apple has now released the EN Mac 6.0.3 version in the Mac App Store:

What's New in Version 6.0.3

Bug fixes and other improvements:
• Improved design on Mavericks and older versions of Mac OS.
• Improved legibility in card and snippet view.
• Fixed an issue where some notes would become untitled.
• Fixed an issue that caused some notes not to display.
• Fixed searching within PDFs.
• Resolved various crashing issues.

Work Chat improvements:
• Added ability to filter Work Chats by contact name and message content.
• Improved contact search and display in drop down.

Can you be specific about which issue you're still seeing in 6.0.2.  I have not heard reports of the Titles becoming untitled in 6.0.2.  I have heard of 1 case where the note didn't display but I think it's really rare now.  For this person, rebooting their Mac solved the problem.  These are bad issues but not everyone sees them and in most cases we can't reproduce them in house which makes it's really hard to fix.  The details you provide will help us figure out the issue and fix. 

Hi SoftwareMarcus,

Unfortunately I seem to be the 2nd case of not having notes display, although instead of not just displaying I have lost all my local notebooks since upgrading from 6 to 6.0.2. I don't want to double post so I'll just link to the thread where I elaborated on my troubles.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/78453-i-upgraded-to-evernote-602-and-lost-all-of-my-local-notebooks/

• Level 5*

I was going to suggest a beta version of the app, because you aren't seeing these quality control issues in-house, and a larger customer base would help track it down. However, I hesitate to recommend something that would muck up data even for beta testers -- this destructive stuff should be out of the app before it hits any users. Second, I think the Apple appstore doesn't allow betas.

I know some developers (BareBones comes to mind) have stopped using the appstore because of Apple's atrocious mishandling of things. A good example would be the current situation: Evernote has an app that is destroying data for some users, but they cannot pull the app from the store and they cannot replace it with a corrected version, so it sits there as the "editor's choice" causing trouble for Evernote and its users. Up until now, we know that updates have been very, very slow to come to appstore users. Then, there was (is?) the problem with Spotlight searches. Whatever benefits the appstore may have, its inflexibility doesn't seem worth the effort. Then again, that might be said about other things Apple :) 

I am not seeing the titling issues.  I am having slowness of syncing to the point of erroring out.  

I consistently get an error message that reads "Synchronization failed" for my Mac.  Occasionally I get a "failure to sync" to a specific article that I had to delete.  

You can see more reports of this syncing issue beyond just Macs.  I'm not sure if they are related or separate issues:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/78382-evernote-syncing-down/

It's nice of you to reply on the forums.  It would also be helpful if folks would respond to trouble tickets and answer the chat windows.  I've been staring at one on my computer for over an hour.  This makes it very hard to go after enterprise business....

Can you be specific about which issue you're still seeing in 6.0.2.  I have not heard reports of the Titles becoming untitled in 6.0.2.  I have heard of 1 case where the note didn't display but I think it's really rare now.  For this person, rebooting their Mac solved the problem.  These are bad issues but not everyone sees them and in most cases we can't reproduce them in house which makes it's really hard to fix.  The details you provide will help us figure out the issue and fix. 

This is not isolated to 6.0.0.  I have been having these problems on 6.0.2.  

This has been happening over the past several days.  I have opened a trouble ticket but have not heard back yet.  I tried using Chat support window this morning and this afternoon and I had the "next available agent will be with you shortly" with no one picking up on the other end.

I've been trying to pitch Evernote for use at work, but with this level of support, it's going to be a very tough sell...

The Mac App Store is a great channel for customers but it's limiting for software developers in that Apple controls releases.  We do not have a way to pull the release.  In addition, we believe Apple will approve and release 6.0.1 any day now but I'm guessing the holidays have slowed down the review process.  We're in contact with Apple and working with them to update customers as soon as possible.

This is really disappointing... Evernote has been a great app, but now is so crippled it's absolutely unusable.   Evernote's ability to quickly resolve this issue will determine whether I jump ship or not.

Having just spent several not fun hours on this.... an update, and an important one that might help many.

I had updated to 6.0.3 via the App Store.  Didn't think much about it.

After having endless problems this evening, I found this thread and decided to try that direct download and replace/install.

This has worked completely excepting the fubar font issue I had.  All I did was to download 6.0.3_451151 from the Evernote site - NOT the app store.  I then unpacked it, and simply replaced it in the Applications folder.  I noticed immediately it was a different size (a bit smaller, I think).

Start the application, then I needed to sign in.  On arrival, there were no notes or notebooks at all.  (So I would think that if you had odd SYNC problems and have notes ON YOUR MACHINE that are not on the server, you would lose these).  But, after a very rapid sync, all notebooks are there, all notes are there.  New note yields everything all right - title, content.  Edit note is fine.  This may help others having this issue.

I just found this thread.

I also posted a major warning about 6.0.3.

In essence, I was just fine until 3 hours ago, when I did the update to 6.0.3.  Now, major problems:

New notes - no title edits until almost 2 minutes.  Then, no content edits unless I know to press TAB to move to the new field.

Existing notes - same thing, cannot even SEE them for 2 minutes.  Editing - same deal but at least the content is there.  Further, a bizarre FONT issue whereby some odd font I've never heard of has totally fubar'd one note.  I have routinely used a copy and paste in some cases, and am fearful that all notes where I did that will suffer this fate.

I also want to chime in on mission and focus.  Work Chat is a waste for many users.  I don't mind adding features, but feel that a) it might be useful to make those optional and B) if such efforts result in such massive bugs, then that tells me you are losing your way.

Time to start looking....

• Level 5

Installed 6.0.3

App Store or direct download? I have no problems with the Direct Download version. If you already use the Direct Download version log-out of your Evernote account, reboot your Mac and log-in again.

As a new user, I've the same problem and I wasted a ton of time trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  A note tool that doesn't let you take notes seems a bit far fetched.  I've waited for a week.  I've rebooted.  I'll try a direct download.  I'm about done wasting time on an app this screwed up.

I'm on 6.03 for Mac and still cannot see notes. Evernote is completely broken for me. The web version appears just fine, but local files on both My Macs sure overview of notes but won't let me open the note, view the note or edit the note. Very frustrating.  

I do not understand how such a fundamental error can have occurred. I'm not paying a customer so I understand that the company couldn't care less but I imagine some paying customers are experiencing this as well.

Appears to be no help on how to solve it. I'm already looking at alternatives. This is why I don't like getting locked in to proprietary format. Too bad, i Used to use Evernote almost every day. 

• Level 5

Having just spent several not fun hours on this.... an update, and an important one that might help many.

I had updated to 6.0.3 via the App Store.  Didn't think much about it.

After having endless problems this evening, I found this thread and decided to try that direct download and replace/install.

This has worked completely excepting the fubar font issue I had.  All I did was to download 6.0.3_451151 from the Evernote site - NOT the app store.  I then unpacked it, and simply replaced it in the Applications folder.  I noticed immediately it was a different size (a bit smaller, I think).

Start the application, then I needed to sign in.  On arrival, there were no notes or notebooks at all.  (So I would think that if you had odd SYNC problems and have notes ON YOUR MACHINE that are not on the server, you would lose these).  But, after a very rapid sync, all notebooks are there, all notes are there.  New note yields everything all right - title, content.  Edit note is fine.  This may help others having this issue.

Hi, I am glad it worked for you. But for users who use local notebooks: this procedure will lose them!!!! And your database will be on your Mac twice and will use unnecessary space.

The better way is this procedure: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/77444-how-to-completely-remove-and-reinstall-en-mac/

Oh boy - I'm so glad I didn't do my usual trick and jump straight into an upgrade - I'm still on v5.7.2 here.

For those who want to downgrade, JMichael has posted instructions on a couple of threads, but here's a brief version:

1. Use the free AppDelete or a similar app to uninstall Evernote from your desktop machine(s). To do that, run AppDelete, open your Applications folder, and drag Evernote.app onto the AppDelete window. AppDelete will then search for all support files to do with Evernote, and let you delete them too.

2. Reboot - to get rid of modules/stubs of things like Evernote Helper and .plist files that are already in memory.

3. Download the version you want to downgrade to from here:  http://evernote.en.uptodown.com/mac/old

4. Install it as a brand new installation, then run it.

5. Let it reload your entire database from the server. If you get error messages about sync failures, try another reboot. It should work just like a brand new installation on a new machine.

6. The reload may take a long time, depending on its size.  And the loading/reformatting of things like snippets for the Snippet view can take even longer. It may take a few syncs. For some reason, it may stop syncing (?time-out?), so you may just need to hit the Sync button again - and again....

Hope that helps.

I just started using Evernote a few months ago.  Now I have hundreds of notes and many Notebooks and Stacks.  I've invested many hours setting it up over that time.    But in the past week or so I have noticed that none of my notes are there when ever I open the app.  I use it only on the Mac, not on any devices, it is not an issue with internet connectivity as some have suggested here.  All the Note titles appear but none of the content.  I am now screwed.

If I ever get access to my notes again I will be removing them all from Evernote and going through the whole set up again on a new Notes platform.

Had I known Evernote was prone to losing my notes I would never have attempted to use it.  

My suggestion to the Evernote development team is as others have suggested here on this thread - don't try to add all the bells and whistles until you have the very basic functionality sorted out and working.  

What good is a note keeping program that doesn't keep my notes?  

• Level 5

Sandboxing (in the Mac App Store) is currently causing some very strange note-loading errors. As far as we can tell, these don't exist in the direct download version. 

The code-base between the two binary types is the same if the version numbers match (currently 6.0.3 is in both direct download and app store).

• Level 5*

Good point, Stuhrer.

I would have hoped that since the AppStore version has the same version number as the direct download, that they are the same product, barring some tweaks needed to meet AppStore requirements.

But maybe not.   :(

Anyone from Evernote care to comment on the differences in these two?

So if the App Store version 6.0.3 continues giving problems switching to the direct download version might still be a good idea.

• Level 5

Please keep in mind that I'm just a user, just like you.  Having said that, it seems that Ver 6.0.3 has far fewer problems than Ver 6.0.

I'm not defending Ver 6.0.3, just trying to let people, who have major issues with Ver 6.0, know that there is some relief.

I get that you're an end-user.  But when people upgraded to 6.0, there were a slew of problems and folks said, "don't worry... 6.0.1 is here..."

Then folks had more problems with 6.0.1 and people upgraded, there were more problems and folks said again, "don't worry.... 6.0.2 is here..."

Etc.  

Saying 6.0.3, which has been out for a couple of days and has a new thread of how it's hampered users make this a pretty weak panacea.  

I am just an end user myself and I also quite often made recommendations to switch to the direct download version 6.0.1/2/3.

These recommendations were based on my own experience as well as others in this forum. After switching to the direct download version I had no problems any more. Sync works much faster than with V5.x, I did not experience any data loss and I am quite happy with the situation right now. I also got some reponses that my recommendations worked.

It is of course bad that other users still have problems. But what shall we do? Stop giving recommendations because they might not help everybody?

So if the App Store version 6.0.3 continues giving problems switching to the direct download version might still be a good idea.

Please keep in mind that I'm just a user, just like you.  Having said that, it seems that Ver 6.0.3 has far fewer problems than Ver 6.0.

I'm not defending Ver 6.0.3, just trying to let people, who have major issues with Ver 6.0, know that there is some relief.

I get that you're an end-user.  But when people upgraded to 6.0, there were a slew of problems and folks said, "don't worry... 6.0.1 is here..."

Then folks had more problems with 6.0.1 and people upgraded, there were more problems and folks said again, "don't worry.... 6.0.2 is here..."

Etc.  

Saying 6.0.3, which has been out for a couple of days and has a new thread of how it's hampered users make this a pretty weak panacea.  

• Level 5*

uhhhhhh.... Have you seen the threads that just started warning of problems with 6.0.3?

What's up with this company? It's sad...

Apple has now released the EN Mac 6.0.3 version in the Mac App Store:

What's New in Version 6.0.3

Bug fixes and other improvements:

• Improved design on Mavericks and older versions of Mac OS.

• Improved legibility in card and snippet view.

• Fixed an issue where some notes would become untitled.

• Fixed an issue that caused some notes not to display.

• Fixed searching within PDFs.

• Resolved various crashing issues.

Work Chat improvements:

• Added ability to filter Work Chats by contact name and message content.

• Improved contact search and display in drop down.

uhhhhhh.... Have you seen the threads that just started warning of problems with 6.0.3?

What's up with this company? It's sad...

Archived