[Evernote Touch] Syncing moves cursor to end of note

When using Evernote Touch on Windows 8 devices to edit notes, I find that sometimes if I stop typing for a bit the app will try to sync my note with the server. After the sync is completed, the cursor will be moved to the end of the note. Often I am not at the end of the note and this causes me to have to continually move the cursor back to the position it was in prior to the sync.

I have noticed the same issue using two different Windows 8 devices:

1. Dell Latitude 10 with Windows 8.1
  2. Asus Transformer Book with Windows 8.1

Sometimes I'll work around this by highlighting a space and I found that prevents Evernote from moving the position of the cursor.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this a bug that can be fixed?

Thanks,

-Ramon

• 11 months later...

This may be the wrong note as this happens to me ALL the time when EDITING a note (in Windows 8).  It may have something to do with paragraph/line breaks, such as when I add to the length of a line in a bullet-ed list (with the checkbox list type), and move the text below to a new bullet.  The display jumps to the bottom of the document.  I've found out, however, that if you know what your next keystroke it, you can make it and it works!  (The cursor itself hasn't actually moved, just the display).

I'm shocked this has been happening for over a year, and it hasn't been addressed.  Now that I'm a Premium member it is all the more aggravating!

Archived