Font number drop down menu not showing in Evernote 5.7.2

DeannaL

Hi, I recently upgraded to Evernote 5.7.2 (the latest version) and I am using a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a 4K screen. For some reason the drop down menu for the font number (when I want to change the font size) does not show up so I can see the numbers to change the font size. Can anyone help me change it? Apparently there are settings in Windows 8 to make it so I can see the drop down menu, but I don't know what it is. I hope someone can help me. Thanks. Regards, Deanna.

post-238684-0-43666400-1417336913_thumb.

post-238684-0-76204900-1417336996_thumb.

Hi, I just wanted to say that I have fixed the problem.

For anyone else who has a 4K screen and runs across this problem or even have a 4K screen and the icons are super tiny and need to get them bigger, this is what I did. Please note that you will lose some of your resolution with this fix and you won't be running at 4K on your 4K screen.

Go to the Control Panel / Appearance and Personalization / Make text and other items larger or smaller

Select "smallest 100%". It will ask you to log out. Log out and log back in.

Go back to Control Panel / Appearance and Personalization / Adjust screen resolution

Your screen resolution will probably read something like "3840 x 2160". Change it to a lower resolution that still works with your screen size. I chose "1920 x 1080".

My drop down menu for the font size came backk and the icons were also back to a normal size.

Please note, you are now running at a lower resolution, so you no longer have the crispness of the 4K screen.

• 2 months later...

Same issue, different ultrabook. Lenovo 3200 x 1800 display on a Yoga 2.

Not willing to give up my resolution for the font dropdown box, so I'm hoping that the Evernote team can fix this issue relatively soon.

I'll drop them a note and refer to this thread since langshipley did such a great job of explaining and illustrating the items - thanks much for that.

Archived