v6.0 for Mac - disaster

Daveypez

Idea

How the hell  do you open a new note and put text in it???!!!  Is this a basic function of Evernote???!!!

I added a new note to a notebook then it took me a minute of failed tries to manage to get a title typed in.

Then I can't get a response to pressing Return, I can't find a way of either pasting text or typing text into the main body of the note.

IS THIS AN UPGRADE???!!!

What do I do to just create a note with text in it???!!!

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

After you install Ver 6, it needs to reindex all of your Notes, which can take a while, up to a day, depending on how many Notes you have.  Until the reindexing is complete, Evernote performance may be sub-par.

Best thing to do is NOT use Evernote, but leave it open and running until it completes the reindexing.

Also, the Ver 6.0 App Store version has known serious bugs which can change your Note Titles to "Untitled".

A new version has been submitted to Apple, and should be released any day now.

The best thing to do is NOT use Evernote Mac until you get this update.

Maybe you can use EN Web instead.

• Level 5
Here are my recommendations dealing with this problem:

2. Give your Mac some time to re-index. Meanwhile you may read SoftwareMarcus’s response.

3. Reboot your Mac, some users reported that this cured their problems.

4. Make sure you have a backup of your data (Enex export and Time Machine).

5. Download the lastest version (6.0.2) from the Evernote site!

6. And for a secure removal and re-installation read this.

7. Good Luck!
  • Level 5*

I share your frustration.  Ver 1.0 AppStore should never have been released.  Clearly it was not properly tested.

If you don't want to wait for the AppStore update, you can switch to the Direct D/L Ver 6.0.2, which seems to have fixed most of these issues.  I'm running it now on both Mavericks and Yosemite and it seems OK so far.

For the latest version See Evernote Mac v6.0.2 Released

See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac to switch to Direct D/L ver.

Except 99% of my local notes were not visible at all in 6.0.2 ... Fortunately I was able to roll back to "current" appstore version and got my notes back. I am just a bit scared what will happen to my notes after 6.0.2 will land in appstore ... Is there actually any list of all features introduced in v6 (means regressions from 5 ;) )?

• Level 5

Except 99% of my local notes were not visible at all in 6.0.2 ... Fortunately I was able to roll back to "current" appstore version and got my notes back. I am just a bit scared what will happen to my notes after 6.0.2 will land in appstore ... Is there actually any list of all features introduced in v6 (means regressions from 5 ;) )?

The reason for the loss of your local notes is the fact that the location of the database for the App Store version on your Mac is different from the one of the direct download version. The reason are Apple sandboxing requirements for App Store applications. This has been addressed here: How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac

The reason for the loss of your local notes is the fact that the location of the database for the App Store version on your Mac is different from the one of the direct download version. The reason are Apple sandboxing requirements for App Store applications. This has been addressed here: How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac

Ah thats relief :) Thanks for info!

Interesting to see how Evernote have lost the trust of their users - that'll undermine the product for months if not years. That's the price of not testing a new real ease adequately! I'm not using it now - might come back to it in a month or two, depends on what else is out there.

Archived