Evernote broken after update / Single notes takes 5-20 mins to load...

I have tried to re-install and wait for the indexing of notes since the update now and it's still completely broken. Trying to work with Evernote while it takes 5-20 minutes to open a note and most of the time it looks like the CSS has broken completely and the note itself has no formatting and the content is all over the place.

I have contacted your support with no response and it's getting extremely irritating, please advise. What do I do to get it working again? This is a pain!!!

It's extremely frustrating when having a huge amount of information needed in my day to day work and not being able to access it. Right now I'm exporting every not in HTML format so I can access them without having to wait 10 minutes for the notes to open.

I'm having a hard time to see this as an upgrade, rather a downgrade to the old 33.6 modem days... 

I  always loved Evernote but just upgraded to the new version and it looks terrible and all my notes which I cut and pasted in (so as to view them offline) are just not accessible now, except one at a time with a 10min plus gap as I wait for them to appear. Also as i'm getting nearer to 50 than 40 years of age I find the grey colour scheme really difficult to read. Is it possible to go back to the previous version which was perfect. I appreciate Evernote are not doing this to annoy us but if it's not broken don't fix it may be a mantra they need to consider. So many applications are constantly changing but great brands usally change slowly and try and bring the customers along with them. This new design/layout looks like something from Eastern Europe during the cold war. Why would such a creative bunch of people gather in a room and decide on a grey interface? Thankfully I have Evernote on my Macbook Air V5.5.1  as well as my IMac V6.0 and did not upgrade that one. It looks great and works well and is easier to read even without my glasses. Evernote you are a great company so just get into a group huddle and get your energy and creative juices going or are "The Suits" taking over?

Would be nice to get some input from the Evernote team since they can't possibly think Evernote can be considered working when having to wait 10 mins to open a single note and we as paying customers merely get the feedback that it's an indexing functionality.

Hello, Evernote support! You there???

Hi All,

Got to admit that would drive me nuts.

Couple of things.

What are you operating on Mac, Windows etc?

Have you raised a ticket? If so put the number on here, if not do it straight away then put the number on here.

Finally, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is a user forum. Evernote employees do visit, but not always.

Have any of you got the old version of Evernote you could roll back to? If you do, I strongly suggest you do this so you can work and wait and see what Evernote do about this.

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5

2. Give your Mac some time to re-index. Meanwhile you may read SoftwareMarcus’s response.

3. Reboot your Mac, some users reported that this cured their problems.

4. Make sure you have a backup of your data (Enex export and Time Machine).

5. Download the lastest version (6.0.2) from the Evernote site!

6. And for a secure removal and re-installation read this.

7. Good Luck!

Hi Chris, this is "last resort". I've dropped two separate tickets with no response. I just got the general newsletter type email saying that indexing is the reason that there are delays. Have uninstalled, reinstalled and done everything by the book. I'm on the Mac with both an Air and iMac running Yosemite. Unfortunately no old version in hand.

The latest ticket is - Ticket# 837566 - When clicking a note, no content can be seen in the window itself. This came after the update.

2. Give your Mac some time to re-index. Meanwhile you may read SoftwareMarcus’s response.

3. Reboot your Mac, some users reported that this cured their problems.

4. Make sure you have a backup of your data (Enex export and Time Machine).

5. Download the lastest version (6.0.2) from the Evernote site!

6. And for a secure removal and re-installation read this.

7. Good Luck!

Tried all the above once.

Chris, I'm on a paid account.

Solutions aside, seems like Evernote failed big time when dropping a release that apparently were far from functioning since they even knew about the indexing issue and made an insane move like trying to mediate it as a functionality rather than a failure...

I really want to get it "fixed" and not having to migrate all information to another solutions just because someone didn't think their task through in the latest update.

Hi andersgahlin,

Hopefully this will be seen by an Evernote employee and they will be in touch.

Best regards

Chris

Thanks Chris, for trying to help out.

You are welcome, sorry I couldn't do any more. Those of us who are ex-evangelists had more ability to get things done until they removed that function from us!

Best regards

Chris

Hi all sufferers !

On my Mac I just un-installed EN, AFTER making sure my IPad was disconnected and could no longer sync with my Mac. I then re-installed (the latest version of) EN.

Within just one minute all notes were visible and I was able to use EN as if nothing happened ! 

Remains a tragic update of course, with a worse than possible look ... 

Good luck !

Hi all sufferers !

On my Mac I just un-installed EN, AFTER making sure my IPad was disconnected and could no longer sync with my Mac. I then re-installed (the latest version of) EN.

Within just one minute all notes were visible and I was able to use EN as if nothing happened ! 

Remains a tragic update of course, with a worse than possible look ... 

Good luck !

I actually did this and it worked a while but the sad part the problem i back...that's why I sent two tickets. One at the first sight of problems and a second when the issues reoccured.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got the same problems on both my Mac and my iPhone especially.

This has been one of the worse updates ever, reminding me of the days when Evernote was a piece of junk. Oh wait, it still is...

A multi million dollar startup can't have a luxury of treating its users like this. You are not a startup anymore. It's a shame, as me and millions of other evangelists poured tons of energy into promoting your product only to be left to rot for weeks without access to our data.

Wondering how many more days you will let this happen? And how long before a good alternative comes along.

Archived