Two accounts in android mobile

The only way to do this is to log out of one, then log into the other. The desktop applications have fast user switching, but this is not a feature of the mobile applications. 

thank you so much for your response.

• 3 weeks later...

As soon as you logoff on Android on one account to log in into your second account, all downloaded notebooks are deleted (because of safety reasons). If you login again on this account it has to download all these notebooks again. 

This way you have a lot of data transfer..... 

Is there a way to solve this problem?

As soon as you logoff on Android on one account to log in into your second account, all downloaded notebooks are deleted (because of safety reasons). If you login again on this account it has to download all these notebooks again. 

This way you have a lot of data transfer..... 

Is there a way to solve this problem?

It doesn't seem to be possible to avoid this currently. Jefito suggest sharing a notebook between accounts which might help reduce the number of time you need to switch. You can put frequently accessed info into this notebook so you don't need to worry about which account you are logged into to access it. 

Not a solution, won't prevent you from having to switch from time to time, but it might mean doing it less often. 

It will likely remain a problem until Evernote chooses to introduce an efficient user-switching system for their mobile clients. As much as I can see the demand for this, I don't imagine it is a high priority for them. That's just my speculation though. 

Hi ScottLougheed

Thanks for your suggestions. It's a work around that can help. Unfortunately, any search under both accounts will result in hits of the other account. ..... and this was te reason why I bought two Premium accounts.

I have to live with it until Evernote solves this problem.

• 3 months later...

Switching accounts on Evernote Mobile should be implemented. I know my colleagues, customers and people in general have been requesting it. It really is an annoyance that you offer it in desktop but not in mobile. Although I'm happy it is at least in desktop, but it really ties me down to office or home computer, and at times does not make Evernote available when I need it quickly. 

Logging in and out is not a solution, as most of our company account passwords are long and cryptic.

Note sharing is not an option, as I cannot share and mix company and personal accounts.

I can use my personal, hobby and company accounts in my mobile phone with Google, Microsoft and other services. Why not with Evernote service? Security is not a valid argument here. I can share plenty of other company data securely to my mobile phone from other services. So what's the problem here?

I tried to find how to vote for this feature request, but could not. Why? That would be the only true way to find out how much this feature is needed. Is Evernote trying to hide popular feature requests behind this massive support forum? It would have been interesting to also see what other features are much requested. And what features are possibly coming to future versions. Is this info available somewhere?

EDIT: I googled around and found out that the only way to check active feature requests seems to search for "feature request" from this forum and compare Views and Replies count. Not very user friendly, but gives you some info: https://discussion.evernote.com/tags/forums/feature%2Brequest/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but I don't see how you're getting that votes for feature requests has that big of impact. I do up-vote feature requests that appeal to me, but also know this forum is just one of Evernote's product feedback avenues. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you're saying? (Yes, I followed the link to the relevent threads.)

Switching accounts on Evernote Mobile should be implemented. I know my colleagues, customers and people in general have been requesting it. It really is an annoyance that you offer it in desktop but not in mobile. Although I'm happy it is at least in desktop, but it really ties me down to office or home computer, and at times does not make Evernote available when I need it quickly.

Logging in and out is not a solution, as most of our company account passwords are long and cryptic.

Note sharing is not an option, as I cannot share and mix company and personal accounts.

I can use my personal, hobby and company accounts in my mobile phone with Google, Microsoft and other services. Why not with Evernote service? Security is not a valid argument here. I can share plenty of other company data securely to my mobile phone from other services. So what's the problem here?

I tried to find how to vote for this feature request, but could not. Why? That would be the only true way to find out how much this feature is needed. Is Evernote trying to hide popular feature requests behind this massive support forum? It would have been interesting to also see what other features are much requested. And what features are possibly coming to future versions. Is this info available somewhere?

EDIT: I googled around and found out that the only way to check active feature requests seems to search for "feature request" from this forum and compare Views and Replies count. Not very user friendly, but gives you some info: https://discussion.evernote.com/tags/forums/feature%2Brequest/.

I was talking about Evernote using a proper feature request voting service such as Uservoice, not just upvoting feature request threads at this forum. Many cloud services use them. For example Microsoft for their Azure cloud: http://feedback.azure.com/. I see those as a proper way of listening to customers. And relaying information to voters if some of their feature requests are put to development or released in the latest version (if you voted, you get a status email). 

Back to topic:

I'd like to hear from Evernote representative if they are even planning on creating multiple account support for Evernote mobile apps?  

• 4 months later...

I've been trying to decide whether or not to incorporate Evernote into our essential Admin software for our International School.  Not having this feature for Android is going to be a big problem.  People like having a clean break between work and personal.  Having to share notebooks is not a good enough work around. They need to be separate and I hear that they are on IOS.   Please make this a priority.  You guys are so close to having a fault free product.

Archived