(Archived) Copy/paste issues

dalefrancum

Idea

Hello,

You guys have done wonders with Evernote the last couple of years. I tested/watched the Mac application for a while before I migrated away from Journler, and I've been using both work and home for about a year now. The clipping ability is better than anything else I've ever seen, and the feature list has grown at an incredible rate.

Having said all that, copying/pasting is still a nightmare if you have formatted text in your notes. I usually use bold & underline text as a header in my notes, and this is an example of what usually happens when I try to copy/paste either from one note to another, or from a note to Mac Mail:

Here's my example note:

Heading

* a line item

* another line item

Here's the result of a copy/paste:

Heading

* a line item

* another line item

It just seems like such basic functionality. I know at least one other user has vented about this on here, but it really seems like there should be a way to fix this.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas,

Dale

5 replies to this idea

Thanks for the report. It appears that when you paste content into one of our notes, if the point of insertion has formatting, then the pasted content may assume that formatting.

In your case, I think that if you look before you paste, you'd see that the Bold and Underline icons are lit up at the place where your cursor is sitting, and this is affecting the format of the pasted content.

I've filed a bug on this issue.

Thanks, guys. I actually came on to the forums and did a search for "underline" to report this exact issue. I think it's actually a longstanding one but I can't recall (Mac client). I use to have this issue with the web client frequently as well.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the report. It appears that when you paste content into one of our notes, if the point of insertion has formatting, then the pasted content may assume that formatting.

Engberg,

Just so you have an accurate bug report, I can make this happen by pasting into the middle of non-formatted blank lines, and also into Mac Mail.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas.

Dale

We're painfully aware of the text formatting issues and we are working on them. Our teams' awareness of the Mac errors are particularly acute.

Are you still painfully aware of the issues? Because they still exist. When I copy partially-underlined text from TextEdit (a basic text editing program), it permanently underlines the whole block of text after I paste it. This wouldn't be as annoying if I could just click the Underline button and get rid of it, but it won't let me.

Archived