Major issue with new Mac Client. FIXED in 6.0.2

momoprobs

Idea

You have a major issue with your new mac thick client. i don't know if there are yosemite dependencies but i downloaded it, not having upgraded to yosemite, and it does not work at all. i cannot access notes. they don't show up, they can't be edited unless you perform a specific pattern of clicks, but then you've started unknowingly editing your notes that you cannot undo and its awful. please investigate and advise your mac clients on what to do because it was so frustrating and i had to revert back to the old version and reedit a ton of my notes with parts that i had lost. a terrible experience.

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

. In general there shouldn't be an issue using version 6.X on Mavericks. The problems you observe appear to be observed by Yosemite users too.

Actually Scott, Marcus has acknowledged some issues when running on Mavericks:

This thread has become really long.  Let me try to summarize the top 5 issues I'm reading and talk about if the issues are bugs or not and if there are any workarounds.  And as usual there will be a dash of commentary (That's a joke since I'm typically long winded) .  Let me know if I'm missing anything.

. . .

4) On Mavericks the app looks washed out.  I think we could have done better here and we'll be making changes to the app to support this.  Unfortunately we're caught in a transition phase.  The new Mac App is designed and optimized for Yosemite so it looks somewhat foreign on Mavericks and below.  And because it’s running on an old OS, it also can't take advantage of some of Yosemite's design elements to add in color like translucency.  In any case, the majority of Evernote users are now using Yosemite.  It's interesting because the number wasn't that high a couple of weeks ago.  I wonder if our less than stellar design on Mavericks spurred people to upgrade.

. In general there shouldn't be an issue using version 6.X on Mavericks. The problems you observe appear to be observed by Yosemite users too.

Actually Scott, Marcus has acknowledged some issues when running on Mavericks:

This thread has become really long.  Let me try to summarize the top 5 issues I'm reading and talk about if the issues are bugs or not and if there are any workarounds.  And as usual there will be a dash of commentary (That's a joke since I'm typically long winded) .  Let me know if I'm missing anything.

. . .

4) On Mavericks the app looks washed out.  I think we could have done better here and we'll be making changes to the app to support this.  Unfortunately we're caught in a transition phase.  The new Mac App is designed and optimized for Yosemite so it looks somewhat foreign on Mavericks and below.  And because it’s running on an old OS, it also can't take advantage of some of Yosemite's design elements to add in color like translucency.  In any case, the majority of Evernote users are now using Yosemite.  It's interesting because the number wasn't that high a couple of weeks ago.  I wonder if our less than stellar design on Mavericks spurred people to upgrade.

Yes but none of those relate to the OP's issues, and in general the issues you quote from Marcus are related to appearance, specifically.

• Level 5*

Yes but none of those relate to the OP's issues, and in general the issues you quote from Marcus are related to appearance, specifically.

Scott, the point is that your statement, "In general there shouldn't be an issue using version 6.X on Mavericks" is incorrect in general.  This could mislead some users.

• Level 5

Hi,

i have the same problem as momoprobs.

It takes more than a minute to display notes.

As well for creating a new note.

But i think it is a rendering issue, if the cursor is over a link it changes its form, and 

i'm able to click the (invisible) link.

Here is a video showing the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlHzV7_L_7U

So basically it is totally unusable.

Florian

Please read SoftwareMarcus’s response here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/76662-evernote-for-mac-v60-and-v601/page-10#entry325989 and possibly upgrade to V6.0.1 from the Evernote site!

And for a secure removal and re-installation from 6.0 to 6.0.1 read this: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/77444-how-to-completely-remove-and-reinstall-en-mac/

And before you do this: create a backup especially of your local notebooks!!!!!

A reboot sometimes helps as well.

There are bugs on Mavericks. Not only terrible look. For example, sometimes I just can't select notebook, or tag (and it seems that it is different issue than empty notes). In this case I need to restart app. Another bug it's change of notes title to untitled.    

There are bugs on Mavericks. Not only terrible look. For example, sometimes I just can't select notebook, or tag (and it seems that it is different issue than empty notes). In this case I need to restart app. Another bug it's change of notes title to untitled.    

I think most of those seem to be occurring on both Mavericks and Yosemite, unfortunately. 

This is amazingly BAD. The mac client loses the title of any note that I click on, then takes several MINUTES to open the note at all. It is now unusable.

This version went to release without anyone noticing these issues...?!?

Is a fix due to be released SOON?

Have you updated to 6.0.2? Some of these bugs, the note title bug, for sure, seem to have been resolved. 

Archived