David33409

How to decrypt all text prior to Exporting?

Mac 10.9.5 Evernote 6

I have thousands of notes many of which contain encrypted text. I use the same password for all my encrypted text. Is there a way to temporarily decrypt all of the text BEFORE exporting to HTML? 

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Hi.  AFAIK encryption/ decryption only works on a note-by-note basis.  You might be able to search for encrypted notes and use a script of some sort to decrypt and export them - type "encryption:"  - without the quotes but with the colon - in the search box to get a list.  If you forget the search term - In the Left Panel choose:  >Attributes >Contains >Encrypted Text.

Hi.  AFAIK encryption/ decryption only works on a note-by-note basis.  You might be able to search for encrypted notes and use a script of some sort to decrypt and export them - type "encryption:"  - without the quotes but with the colon - in the search box to get a list.  If you forget the search term - In the Left Panel choose:  >Attributes >Contains >Encrypted Text.

Hi gaz, I used the "encrypted:" search and I'll see if I can get it to work in AppleScript. Is the Attributes feature available in the Mac version?

Hi gaz, I used the "encrypted:" search and I'll see if I can get it to work in AppleScript. Is the Attributes feature available in the Mac version?

In the Mac client:

1. Click on the Search field

2. Click on the Add Search Option pulldown menu

3. Select Contains

4. In the second pulldown select Encryption

5. Click the Add button

Alternatively if your system language is set to English:

1. Click on the search field

2. Type 'encrypt'

Descriptive Search will suggest “Are you searching for Notes with encryption"

3. Click on the suggestion

• Like 2

Hey, did anyone find a way of exporting encrypted notes as not encrypted? Would be super useful. I use the export feature to make backups of my notes.