Move notes from one to another notebook

jcsandrade

Idea

8 replies to this idea

Neither Penultimate nor Evernote use "folders", they use Notebooks. 

For some reason moving penultimate content into different notebooks can't be done within Penultimate. 

You can move penultimate notes into any notebook you like using Evernote on the web, desktop, or your mobile device. The changes should be reflected in the Penultimate application rather quickly upon next sync. 

Hi Scott

I will be grateful if you could let me know how to move notes from ne notebook to another

This can be done using the Evernote application on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, or your browser. Log into Evernote using the Evernote account you use with Penultimate. Here you will be able to find a notebook containing your penultimate content. You can then move your penultimate content around as you see fit. 

Hi Scott !

Thank for your advise but I was unable to follow as because when I visited Evernote website I found that out of my 7 notes & 3 notebook only 3 notes were synchronised and that too one week old. Unless the total contents are synchronised and appear in Evernote I am unable to proceed with your advise which I am eager for. I have written to Evernote support in the sync issue, however if you could help me I will be grateful

Hi Scott !

Thank for your advise but I was unable to follow as because when I visited Evernote website I found that out of my 7 notes & 3 notebook only 3 notes were synchronised and that too one week old. Unless the total contents are synchronised and appear in Evernote I am unable to proceed with your advise which I am eager for. I have written to Evernote support in the sync issue, however if you could help me I will be grateful

Glad you are taking some steps to resolve you issue, and contacting support was wise, though if you are a free users you may get a slow/no response. 

As for why you are only seeing partial info on the web, there are many potential causes. Some common and easy to diagnose ones are:

1) two accounts: You have, at some point, accidentally created two evernote accounts and at some point in time switched between them, and this rendering both incomplete.  This can be resolved by double-checking the email address associated you've used to log in each time.

2) Sync issue (this is itself a can of worms). Ensure that, in penultimate, you are connected to a reliable network connection and initiate a sync from Penultimate. Wait until you see that syncing has completed before exiting the application. If it doesn't complete, or after completion the contents of your Evernote account are still incomplete, there may be a bigger issue. 

3) Possibility that you have simply overlooked some content in the Evernote interface. The web is the golden truth with respect to your Evernote account, so this is the ideal place to check the integrity of your data. However, it isn't the easiest interface to work with. Just make darn sure you've opened every disclosure arrow, checked every notebook, viewed the "all notes" tab that shows every note from all notebooks. Also, do a quick search in Evernote for words that appear in missing penultimate notes, this might bring up something that isn't immediately visibly evident while browsing. 

Other than that I am unfortunately out of ideas!

Hi Scott !

Thanks for the trouble of replying which gives me a comfort level.

I rechecked and I do not have 2 accounts.

The notes & notebook has appeared in Evernote as synced after hearing from you.

Now the synced has 3 of my note book appearing on Evernote separately out of that 1note book is Penultimate contains general notes & 2 other note books contain specific notes.

I want all note book to be in One Note book Penultimate but separately in Penultimate application so that it is convenient for me to locate in Evernote.

Secondly as I can export notes as .PDF .PEN , is there a possibility of exporting notebook.

You expert advise is solicited

You can put your penultimate notes in any notebook you like. However, that will always be reflected in Penultimate. There is no way to have it organized one way in Evernote, and another way in Penultimate. 

You'll have to pick what scheme works best for you most of the time, and go with that, even if it isn't ideal for other times. 

Hi Scott !

Thanks for your reply which was very helpful.i think I will keep one note book Penultimate & will organise notes in Penultimate notebook in Evernote. Being a premium Evernote member the note capacity is 200 mb whereas Notebook has unlimited capacity. I only have to be alert that if the note hits 195 mb I should create a new note.

I was wondering just as I can export notes as .PDF or .PEN format can I export notebook also.

Archived