bagpussUK

Title of Note keeps changing to 'Untitled'

Hi, not been using EN too long but long enough to get to grips with it and require a Premium account. 

However, on many instances when look at a note or open something from within an attachment, the Note reverts to being called 'Untitled'.

At first i thought it was maybe me accidentally being a bit quick on the keyboard but i have been extra careful over the weekend and it is still doing it.

Its very annoying, particularly when a note is just a title, for example a reminder as then you have no content to jog your memory on what it should be.  

I have searched the forum and some say upgrade from the App Store version 6 to the web version 6..01 which i have done but it is still happening (and if this is a flaw in 6.0 then surely 6.0 should be replaced quickly with 6.01), but its still happening.

Lost a bit of confidence due to fact i have had a couple of notes revert to 'untitled' and i cannot remember what they were.

Any help or steer would be great.

Thanks all

Barry

I have already gone from 6.0 to 6.01 and did a full uninstall rather than upgrade.  I didn't follow the example shown but i did remove all data files and program files off my machine and download 6.01 from scratch.  

I have done this again just to be certain but i'm not convinced due to already loosing a couple of note titles earlier today.

Thanks for the quick reply :) 

The lost note tiles are gone and you have to recreate them. But then your titles should be safe with V6.0.1. I have not encountered any title losses.

The update didn't cause me any trouble but my co-founder, Nicole wasn't so lucky. Fortunately she had a daily backup of her notebooks on Revert so was able to remedy the situation within a few minutes. If you'd like to find out more you can read her story on our blog https://revert.io/blog/how-i-fixed-my-evernote-with-revert/.

Rich, from what I have read, Revert.io looks very interesting.

The most interesting part to me is the RESTORE feature.  There are lots of ways to (easily) backup Evernote, but I have not seen any which provide a true restore capability.  If Revert.io can do this (maintaining all account data, like Note links, notebooks, stacks, tag hierarchies) then you really have a very powerful system.

One key question.  Does a full restore go against the users monthly upload allowance?

• Like 1

The update didn't cause me any trouble but my co-founder, Nicole wasn't so lucky. Fortunately she had a daily backup of her notebooks on Revert so was able to remedy the situation within a few minutes. If you'd like to find out more you can read her story on our blog https://revert.io/blog/how-i-fixed-my-evernote-with-revert/.

Rich, from what I have read, Revert.io looks very interesting.

The most interesting part to me is the RESTORE feature.  There are lots of ways to (easily) backup Evernote, but I have not seen any which provide a true restore capability.  If Revert.io can do this (maintaining all account data, like Note links, notebooks, stacks, tag hierarchies) then you really have a very powerful system.

One key question.  Does a full restore go against the users monthly upload allowance?

Hi, Yes Revert is able to restore notes back to their exact form in Evernote, including tags and also calendar alerts/reminders and check boxes etc. You can restore a single note or a whole notebook back to a specific point in time. 

Revert makes use of the Evernote API for backup and restore of notes. Evernote don't mention API calls being included in the limits here https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23283158 but I think it will go against your monthly allowance. That being said, its a small price to pay for the convenience of being able to quickly restore your notes.