My saved notes are empty!

• Level 5*

Just to be sure, do you have internet access when you are trying to access your notes?  Unless you are a premium user and have set up offline notebooks for download, only the titles are downloaded and stored on the iphone.  Assuming you do have access then I would suggest you delete the app and reload it.  That is usually the first step in attempting to fix ios app problems.

ditto. no problems until recent update (to 7.6.2).  I am a premium user and the notebook is set as offline. Actually offline doesn't make a difference as I can't view the note when I am online! 

I can see the preview of the note's content in the notebook snippet or card view but when I open the note it is blank. 

FYI I am using iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.1

ditto. no problems until recent update (to 7.6.2).  I am a premium user and the notebook is set as offline. Actually offline doesn't make a difference as I can't view the note when I am online! 

I can see the preview of the note's content in the notebook snippet or card view but when I open the note it is blank. 

FYI I am using iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.1

I have the same problem! What is the resolution or suggestions here? :(

• Level 5

Hi all,

We've had some reports of the app getting into a state where notes are appearing blank (but the note data is still there). Can you confirm how the note(s) that appears blank in the iOS app appears in the web client (evernote.com from the desktop)?

I personally had this happen to me when I had a low cellular signal and no wi-fi - everything returned to normal when I had a better signal. You can also try powering down your iPhone/iPad and restarting it - that has been noted in other threads as helping.

Any additional details will help us troubleshoot. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks

Hi, I've been having the same problem (both on a 3rd gen iPad and an iPhone 6) ever since the 7.6.2 update.

The notes are blank on iOS but perfectly fine in the web and desktop clients - there's no data loss. 

There's something very weird happening on the iPhone (yet it seems like the best temporary solution for now): when I open a note and it's blank, if I pull down the notification center and wait for a second, it (magically) solves the problem and the content appears.

In the same way, opening a note from the notification center works too, while opening the same note from the app doesn't.

On the iPad, I've also tried deleting the app, restarting the device and reinstalling it, and it worked for a few days... but then went back to not loading notes at all and crashing.

Same here ... all my notes were gone (yet title and summary in middle view would show up). To be honest this is not inspiring confidence in Evernote at the moment.

I found that "eventually" if you stay long enough waiting for a note to appear, at some point while doing nothing, it goes from blank to its expected content but this is not really acceptable to have to wait 1-2 minutes per notes or having to reboot your system either each time this occurs.

This is the first time I've experience such an major issue with Evernote and I say major because since we trust this product with all our information, it is worrisome to see the could be gone just like that.

Could Evernote folks (who I'm sure are monitoring this forum) at least acknowledge they've been made aware of this issue? Is there a ticket/radar (or a way to create one) to track this bug? Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

This is still a problem with me, with everything up to date.  This is why I have to leave evernote - a note taking app that won't let me view apps isn't worth anything.  I'm at a new job and I couldn't get phone numbers or passwords in a reasonable amount of time.  This is a complete showstopper and created a real problem for me.  The app's core functionality is compromised.  I'm not happy, because I was otherwise happy with the feature set and the company.

I suddenly have the same issue; I'm also having (sync?) issues where I cannot edit a note that I authored, even though none of my colleagues are currently editing the note. Not sure if its related, but these two symptoms both showed up at the same time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Experienced it this morning on my iPhone. I was logging my workout and everything disappeared after I did one set of lifting. I have been maintaining my workout log for months and I thought it was gone.

I finally found my note on laptop later today.

This is really a terrible experience. Not losing note should be the fundamental requirement. I paid 45 dollars a year to evernote for many years and now I am considering migrating to another service.

• 6 months later...

I just had this exact problem happen to me on my iphone 6s Plus after I updated to the latest version of the app.

I tried restarting my iphone, but it did not help.  Thankfully I can still read my notes on the pc client, but my iphone app is bugged.

PLEASE HELP!

I'm having this issue too on my iPhone 5. 

Is anyone else still having this problem (dating back to 2014)?

This, along with the Windows client's inability to reliably sync tags, feels like a show-stopper to me. 

I'm a premium subscriber, and I've submitted a ticket.

• Level 5*
On August 3, 2016 at 8:32 PM, N.H.T. said:

I just had this exact problem happen to me on my iphone 6s Plus after I updated to the latest version of the app.

I tried restarting my iphone, but it did not help.  Thankfully I can still read my notes on the pc client, but my iphone app is bugged.

PLEASE HELP!

If you want to open a support ticket, there's a link below in my signature section.  Contact Evernote Support 

My solution would be to delete the app and reinstall

Archived