SSL Error

markjl

Idea

Hello

I get the sync wheel turning for ever and then an error "An SSL error has occured and a secure connection to the server cannot be made"

This is not specific to version 6 (Mac) since it has been going on for a few days since before the update.

All notes are synced though.

Version: Evernote Mac 6.0.1 (451119)
Locale: en-FR
WebKit: 600.1.25
WebCore: 600.1.25
Mac Model: iMac12,1
CPU Type: Intel
CPU Count: 4
CPU Speed: 2.700000 GHz
RAM: 16.000000 GB
Date: 2014-11-24 14:51:13 +0000

TTransportException: Could not make HTTP request
  userInfo = {
    error = "Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1005 \"The network connection was lost.\" UserInfo=0x6180004e1580 {NSUnderlyingError=0x60000024e5b0 \"The network connection was lost.\", NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://www. evernote.com/shard/s53/notestore, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://www. evernote.com/shard/s53/notestore, NSLocalizedDescription=The network connection was lost.}";
}

Many thanks for your help

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I get the sync wheel turning for ever and then an error "An SSL error has occured and a secure connection to the server cannot be made"

This is not specific to version 6 (Mac) since it has been going on for a few days since before the update.

All notes are synced though.

Version: Evernote Mac 6.0.1 (451119)
Locale: en-FR
. . .

I assume you have done the usual troubleshooting steps of restarting your Mac and reinstalling the Evernote app.

I also note that you are running the latest Mac OS, 10.10.1, so you should have all of Apples updates to address the Poodle SSL 3.0 issue.

So, all I can suggest at this point is to Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

Hello

OK I got through to support, my fault, I was not receiving mails correctly.

The issue itself seems to be closing (thankfully) since sync is coming back to normal for me on the Mac.

However, I am wondering if there could be security implications here.

Archived