Evernote taking too long to sync (Evernote for Mac)

Luis Gabriel

Idea

For weeks now, every time I get back home from work, I have to try numerous times to sync my Evernote account and be able to access what I have stored at work. Today the latest straw broke the camel back. The Evernote site says that all systems are running and yet their support page does not load (see attachments). Being a Premium customer, I feel cheated by the lack of response from Customer Support and by their lack of attention to their own problems. How can they say that all systems are running!!!

post-237470-0-00796200-1416864093_thumb.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Luis,

May not be the case for you, but there are multiple threads in the last few days reporting slow or not syncing problems.  They are from those who recently upgraded to the new Mac version.  You might search for those to see if anyone has anything.  .

Thank you, csihilling and dlu. I am on the latest Mac client. The typical sync error will say that "Evernote is unable to connect with the Evernote Service. This may be due to a network problem or service maintenance. Please try again later. If enabled, automatic synchronization will resume once the Service becomes available."

After closing that window, the sync wheel normally starts spinning again until another error window comes up. And so on and on until, finally (15 minutes later today) my files start downloading.

I will look for threads related to the recent Mac upgrade and slow sync issues. Thanks!

Thank you, csihilling and dlu. I am on the latest Mac client. The typical sync error will say that "Evernote is unable to connect with the Evernote Service. This may be due to a network problem or service maintenance. Please try again later. If enabled, automatic synchronization will resume once the Service becomes available."

After closing that window, the sync wheel normally starts spinning again until another error window comes up. And so on and on until, finally (15 minutes later today) my files start downloading.

I will look for threads related to the recent Mac upgrade and slow sync issues. Thanks!

My instinct would be to backup and then do clean reinstall. If you comb through the Activity Logs, you might find a more specific issue causing the sync issue that might give you an alternative

Archived