no response from Evernote support team

Since Evernote support (and the rest of the company) only work during the work week, you'll have to count that in business days... 5 days ago would be.... Wednesday or Thursday? That takes it down to about 3 business days (depending when on Wed/Thu you submitted the ticket, it might have landed in Evernote's inbox after hours in which case we'd have to exclude that day from the count too!), so on Evernote's calendar, you've really been waiting somewhere between 2 and three business days. 

I don't know how they triage support cases either... so you could be high priority since your request is straightforward... but you may be low priority because your case is not urgent since I presume a username change isn't interfering too dramatically with your ability to use the application, and you likely haven't lost data.... 

I would imagine you'll see a response reasonably soon either way, and posting here might also get their attention. Perhaps respond here with your ticket# so that if staff see it they can jump right on it without having to ask you for your ticket #

I'm not sure what you mean by "priority service".... you are a premium user so you are entitled to customer support service. 

The "triage" stuff I mentioned was just my speculation. I suspect all customer support systems do some amount of triage to ensure that things get dealt with most efficiently. As I said in my speculation, it isn't clear where you would land in the triage, if a triage system exists.

Ultimately, leaving speculation behind (useless as speculation is), Support seems to take a few business days to respond. You're just now heading into the 3 day mark (and to be fair, its only noon now at Evernote's HQ so they're only half way through day 3 there), so I suspect you should be seeing a response any time now. 

Evernote support is notoriously sluggish as of the last 12 months or so. So while this is unfortunate that you have to wait 3 business days (or more....) for a name change, it isn't terribly surprising . 

If you want a refund you can just ask. Keep in mind you would go through the same support portal that you are experiencing troubles with, so you may want to brace yourself for a prolonged (at least a few days...) wait time. 

Which makes me regret paying for one year premium. I should have go on with monthly payment. Atleast when i was only paying monthly i was getting immediate response

I don't think the two are related in any meaningful way. 

If you don't need any of the other premium features, just request a refund and you'll get it eventually. 

I think they are related.

Monthly subscribers can cancel easily after a month if not satisfied.

While yearly subscribers have no choice but to go through this, if unsatisfied.

Which makes sense that monthly subscribers are prioritize first.

Anyway thanks

• Level 5*

Its been 5 days since i emailed a request to just to change my username. So simple. But still no response.

I am a premium subscriber.

Whatever the weekend and all, you should have received an auto reply if nothing else by now.  Have you?

While yearly subscribers have no choice but to go through this, if unsatisfied.

Which makes sense that monthly subscribers are prioritize first.

Not true. Yearly subscribers can cancel whenever they wish. I don't think Evernote is making distinctions between monthly and yearly in terms of support. I think it has more to do with the ebb and flow of support requests (likely rather high these days with two major new app releases that have gone terribly) as well as ups and downs in human resources. 

I understand that waiting can be frustrating. Nevertheless, post your ticket # here so that staff, if they see this post, can get things moving more quickly for you. 

Im tired. I just have a simple request. i receive only the auto response every time i send a ticket. Have a great day.

Maybe paypal can help. Thank you

Yes, you will initially receive an automated response providing you with a ticket#. Once a human gets to your ticket, they will contact you. this can take a few days, as you are currently noticing. 

If you want, you can use the live chat feature. This is usually the fastest way to deal with relatively straightforward requests like username changes and refunds. 

Again, in both cases I'd recommend posting your ticket number(s) here so that if staff see this post, then can get things rolling for you. 

Im tired. I just have a simple request. i receive only the auto response every time i send a ticket. Have a great day.

Maybe paypal can help. Thank you

Yes, you will initially receive an automated response providing you with a ticket#. Once a human gets to your ticket, they will contact you. this can take a few days, as you are currently noticing. 

If you want, you can use the live chat feature. This is usually the fastest way to deal with relatively straightforward requests like username changes and refunds. 

Again, in both cases I'd recommend posting your ticket number(s) here so that if staff see this post, then can get things rolling for you. 

I have been disappointed in their support as well.  I recently waited close to a week for any human response to my service ticket.   What do they promise?

**This is an Automated Message to confirm that we have received your inquiry.**

Thank you for contacting Evernote Support.

As a valued customer of Evernote, you will receive support within 1 business day.

At a minimum, they should change their support promises if they don't intend to keep them.

Steve

I'm just curious,

Mr. Scott mentioned that, "you have to wait 3 business days for a name change, It isn't terribly surprising"

then, How long is terribly surprising for premium subscriber to change his name? 3.5 days? 4.5? or 5 days?

I am an IT guy too. simple connect & update & commit is all it takes. I sure that it wouldn't take 30 sec.

you can say "hey. just changing a name is no big deal. you can wait!"

but what about credibility?

what if Mr. or Ms. vanessa p goes like

"I can't believe to take 3 days for just simple update, If I have a big, complicated issue like loss of data or security, then you going to spend 1 whole year to fix it!"

please. just think of it on user's side little more.

I'm just curious,

Mr. Scott mentioned that, "you have to wait 3 business days for a name change, It isn't terribly surprising"

then, How long is terribly surprising for premium subscriber to change his name? 3.5 days? 4.5? or 5 days?

I think you misunderstand what I mean here. In the future, please make sure you quote people in context so as to avoid changing the intended meaning of their words.

If you look at the entire sentence in my original post:

Evernote support is notoriously sluggish as of the last 12 months or so. So while this is unfortunate that you have to wait 3 business days (or more....) for a name change, it isn't terribly surprising

You'll see that if you put the quote in its actual context, I am criticizing Evernote's support for being slow. I am saying that Evernote's support  IS slow, and after several years of being on this forum and seeing issues like this, I am not surprised it has taken several business days for what is truly a straightforward request. 

Does that make more sense? I'm not excusing Evernote... just saying that I've seen this happen far too often in the last year or so to be surprised. It isn't right that it is this way, but it isn't surprising. In response to your question, none of those wait periods you mention would surprise me... hang around this community long enough and you'll see premium users regularly waiting at least 3 or 4 days for a response from support. Despite Evernote's promise for a response within a business day, the experience of many users on this forum suggests that they routinely fail to come through on that. 

I am a user (why else would I be here...?), and I have had plenty of experiencing waiting many days and sometimes weeks for a response from Evernote support. It bothers the heck out of me that I had to wait that long. It is also because of these experiences that I am not surprised by users reporting long wait times. I've been that user stuck waiting. 

It sucks, it isn't right, but it isn't surprising. 

Does that make more sense?

I'm just curious,

I am an IT guy too. simple connect & update & commit is all it takes. I sure that it wouldn't take 30 sec.

"I can't believe to take 3 days for just simple update, If I have a big, complicated issue like loss of data or security, then you going to spend 1 whole year to fix it!"

That's an incredibly naive outlook on several fronts. I would think it's very clear to most (all?) that the actual time it takes to do the deed was not at issue, but rather the turnaround from customer support. I have no idea why you think this has anything to do with credibility. And yeah, I'd say a user name change would typically be a lower priority than some other issues, rather than your assumption that if it takes x long to get a name change that surely it takes x times 100 for a more severe issue.

While we can speculate until we are blue in the face about why it is taking so long, the long and the short of what I, and EVERYONE ELSE in this topic are ultimately getting at, is that

support is taking an unreasonably long time to address support tickets,

even for what should likely be very straightforward tasks. 

We all really do seem to be on the same page here....

I'm just curious,

I am an IT guy too. simple connect & update & commit is all it takes. I sure that it wouldn't take 30 sec.

"I can't believe to take 3 days for just simple update, If I have a big, complicated issue like loss of data or security, then you going to spend 1 whole year to fix it!"

That's an incredibly naive outlook on several fronts. I would think it's very clear to most (all?) that the actual time it takes to do the deed was not at issue, but rather the turnaround from customer support. I have no idea why you think this has anything to do with credibility. And yeah, I'd say a user name change would typically be a lower priority than some other issues, rather than your assumption that if it takes x long to get a name change that surely it takes x times 100 for a more severe issue.

First of all, what i wrote in this thread is not exact. sorry ScottLougheed.

I thought you were a staff of evernote team. and I get what you saying.

Actually, I never have visited and written something on online community before this.

maybe If I don't have problem for upgrading premium user this couldn't have happened.

by the way. Mr. BurgerNFries?

you calling me 'incredibly naive outlook on several fonts.'?

even I know my english is not good and can cause many misunderstandings.

but still, I don't see your comment is in a good manner.

I wonder reactions like you is typical one on this web site? this is how this community goes?

judging people, instead of showing another opion?

by the way, I'm kind of busy these days. and I don't have enough time but,

there is a huge misunderstanding about what's right when it comes to treating customer's request. I should write some.

credibility?

I don't know about what company you are working for.

in my world and my company, have strong interests promoting the idea about user credibility.

credibility that 'this company is willing to solve my problem', and 'they will try erase users inconvenience when buying and using their product.'

If you are a CS representative, how can you express that good will to your customer?

you really think "ignoring a premium user who just want change his name for the 3 or 4 days" can give satisfaction and credibility to your customer?

In any decently-run world, at least one from support team should have contact the user first

and explain how his request was placed on low priority and how long will it takes to assign a person to help him. even if actual day that request is done is not gonna change.

does that make more sense?

naive?

everytime I see a new-commer in my office who is responsible for customer support.

It's really frastrating to explain for him that

'user' and 'company -that is, CS employee- situation' is totally different. that's just saparated. so we don't have to expect customer's understanding.

they usually tryin to talk to customer how's this CS department's situation, like 'we don't have enough people', 'our internal approval is relatively slow.', 'most of us is newbie so the speed of things done is not so fast.'

everytime I see such a 'NAIVE' employee, I say.

'hey, that's company's internal situation, why do customers understand that? why do they have to wait?, that's your role

to clear that kind of obstacles and give customer fast reaction.

not enough people? then report to manager how many people do you need for reasonable reaction.

approval delay? propose to change process.' something like that.

on the other hand.

customer side?

'they have no response for my simple request. i don't believe him' that's all. no one can fault him.

know why? 'there,s blar blar reasons in the company so the delivery of service is slowing...'

ye ye. find. that's company's problem. not mine. why do customers should be effected on your internal problem?......

that's customer.

so. to me. mixing the notion between customer and company is 'NAIVE' like new-commer in CS part. and you. Mr.BurgerNFries.

who did you told me who is naive?

by the way i need to get back to work. the world that have no english at all.

i just don't want to have your understanding. and i don't wanna disabuse your thinking. just keep naive.-you not working with me-

plus. you and i both don't want each others understanding.

have a goodday.

Finally got a response today. Ok they have friendly and helpful

representatives. But i just got really frustrated with the amount of time

it takes for them to respond..

Anyway my issue was resolved.. should i close this topic? I dont know. Its

my first time to create a topic here.

• Level 5*

Finally got a response today. Ok they have friendly and helpful

representatives. But i just got really frustrated with the amount of time

it takes for them to respond..

I think they're very backed up. Even throwing more people at the CS problem, if they choose to do that, can take some time for people to get spun up.

Anyway my issue was resolved.. should i close this topic? I dont know. Its

my first time to create a topic here.

If you want, you can add "Resolved:" to the beginning of your topic title, but otherwise there's no need to close or delete the topic. It might be useful to other users.

Archived