colepjc

Sort notes alphabetically in android app?

On my laptop (Microsoft) Evernote app i can sort notes alphabetically. On my tablet (Android) notes are automatically sorted by date and there does not seem to be a way to resort them .Does anyone know a way to sort notes alphabetically on an android tablet app? Is Evernote working on a fix to this egregious deficiency? Will getting a PREMIUM account provide me with a more functional app?

Premium membership won't make a difference to this,  but try tapping the menu button on the top right of your screen (three dots).  Choose Sort...

• Like 2

On my laptop (Microsoft) Evernote app i can sort notes alphabetically. On my tablet (Android) notes are automatically sorted by date and there does not seem to be a way to resort them .Does anyone know a way to sort notes alphabetically on an android tablet app? Is Evernote working on a fix to this egregious deficiency? Will getting a PREMIUM account provide me with a more functional app?

Evernote premium and free have the same core features. That would not make a difference to note editing, sorting options, etc. You should have a way to sort by at least Title, Date Updated and Date Created from within the note list. One thing you can't do is "reverse sort order" (not a mobile device feature).

Take a look at this thread: 

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/38188-sort-order-in-android-app/

• Like 1

Thanks for the directions. I tapped on the three dots on the MAIN screen, where there is no sort option, and when I got to the NOTES screen, assumed that the dropdown from the three dots would give the same result. What do they say about assume?

• Like 1