REQUEST: Return "author" field to toolbar please

Hi, 

We use Evernote at work as an instrument log, with multiple users. Evernote (windows app, and the online app?) used to have the "author" field a lot more accessible. Now one has to click on info, find the author field and fill it in. I'd much prefer the old style of having the info field more quickly accessibly. A best solution would be to allow users to choose which fields are displayed on the toolbar. 

thanks

orfeo

• Level 5*

If several people are all logging into the same account to make changes I'm surprised you haven't found other problems.  It would be a good idea (if you're not already dloing it) to share one or more notebooks from one account between several authors and allow them to use their own Evernote account to view and edit notes...

Thanks, 

that is plausible but we have a every changing group of people that work on this instrument and getting them to have their own evernote account is harder than sharing one. 

• Level 5*

Thinking about using the field for another purpose.  How does the author field get populated?  When I look at notes that have author values they mostly seem to be emailed notes.

Also, took a while to realize it is a capitalization sensitive search.

• Level 5*

Thinking about using the field for another purpose.  How does the author field get populated?  When I look at notes that have author values they mostly seem to be emailed notes.

Also, took a while to realize it is a capitalization sensitive search.

I think it's populated only when the author is known to be different from the normal user,  or when that field is specified by the user.  Out of nearly 19,000 notes I apparently have 370 with something in that field - and they're mainly emails.

• Level 5*

Thanks Gaz.  Sounds the same as what I have, though I appear to do more emailing into EN than I realized.  Should make it safe to do a hostile takeover of the field...  :ph34r:

Archived