Multiple bugs in new Evernote for Mac

After I upgraded my Evernote app, I logged in and waited for my notes to be transferred to the new version.

Ten minutes later, I tried opening a note, but only saw a blank note. I went to another note in another notebook. Another blank note.

Since the Sync button was no longer rotating, I clicked it. A few seconds of syncing later, I still could not see any of my notes.

I came back five minutes later and finally saw my note! I edited the note and synced it, then double-clicked the note to open it in its own window.

Another blank screen. Realising the note would take some time to load in its new window, I loaded another note in the main window.

The note in its own window finally loaded, but I could not edit it! Clicking the end of the line did not shift the cursor. I could select text, but typing did not replace the selected text.

Finally, I realised that after loading a note, its title would be reset to 无标题 (Chinese for Untitled Note).

I am using a 2012 13" MacBook Pro running OS X Mavericks.

Same problem here. I am using Evernote 6.0 (451092 App Store) on MacBook Air 13, Mid 12, OSX 10.10.1.

Issues:

1- Opening an note takes several seconds up to minutes.

2- Saving and leaving the note does not save the title of the note, but leaves a title (using it in German): 'Neue unbenannte Notiz'

Many thanks for your help, Chris

I see the same thing ... See content in the previews but when I open the notes they are blank. Any ideas yet?

2009 MacPro Tower

Edit... 

I've been poking around it trying to see if I have missed something....  

I'm sorry but ... WOW....  this is really terrible. I've been using Evernote a long time ...  and I don't recall any other update being this bad from a useability POV... I'm not even going to talk about the interface...

• Level 5

Folks,

do us all a favour and before posting first try to find out whether other users have reported the same problem and whether there is a solution for it. I pointed out how to solve the problem several times now. There is a problem with the Evernote App Store version. This is the last time I react here, there is a solution, go find it.

• Level 5*

Folks,

do us all a favour and before posting first try to find out whether other users have reported the same problem and whether there is a solution for it. I pointed out how to solve the problem several times now. There is a problem with the Evernote App Store version. This is the last time I react here, there is a solution, go find it.

I understand your point, Stuhrer, but unfortunately the Forum Search does not work very well, if at all.

These are all users desperately trying to find a solution to their problems caused by Evernote not having done a good job in testing and QA.  So I suggest that you cut them some slack.

If you really want to be helpful, just post a link to the solution you have found.

• Level 5

I understand your point, Stuhrer, but unfortunately the Forum Search does not work very well, if at all.

These are all users desperately trying to find a solution to their problems caused by Evernote not having done a good job in testing and QA.  So I suggest that you cut them some slack.

If you really want to be helpful, just post a link to the solution you have found.

OK, sorry.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/76988-resolved-open-note-and-see-nothing-after-update-and-migration/#entry324970

Same problem here. I am using Evernote 6.0 (451092 App Store) on MacBook Air 13, Mid 12, OSX 10.10.1.

Issues:

1- Opening an note takes several seconds up to minutes.

2- Saving and leaving the note does not save the title of the note, but leaves a title (using it in German): 'Neue unbenannte Notiz'

Many thanks for your help, Chris

Found a possible solution that works for me: Uninstalled Evernote 6.0 and reinstalled directly from the website evernote.com. Remarkable: on evernote.com the latest version is 6.0.1, on the Apple App Store 6.0. After reinstalling the new version everything seems to be ok again.

This is a very buggy release. Is the only workable option truly to uninstall and reinstall from Evernote's website? I've let it sync for two days. Looks nice on the outside. Look forward to using it one day. How about and update in the app store that works? Pretty frustrating that this was considered ready to release. Sure am glad I'm not updated everywhere. Please let us know when a fix is uploaded to the app store. Thanks.

Folks,

I beg to differ. Under normal circumstances - sure, by all means, go digging through the forum for a solution to an individual situation/use case...

But when the problem completely destroys the core functionality of a product... I think the exact opposite should happen. The entire forum should be flooded/inundated with identical, repeating, commentary. Let there be no doubt how absurd this situation is and how horrendous and far reaching its effects are.

• Level 5

Folks,

I beg to differ. Under normal circumstances - sure, by all means, go digging through the forum for a solution to an individual situation/use case...

But when the problem completely destroys the core functionality of a product... I think the exact opposite should happen. The entire forum should be flooded/inundated with identical, repeating, commentary. Let there be no doubt how absurd this situation is and how horrendous and far reaching its effects are.

Agreed, and I already apologized for my post here. But don't expect that the ones who want to provide a solution for the presented problems continue when there are complaints about a version in the same thread where the solution can be found. And I don't agree with the statement that the core functionality is completely destroyed. Yes, I also don't like the look very much and V6.0 is buggy but V6.0.1 works well for me. So people, again (I stopped counting): get V6.0.1 and stop flooding the forum with identical posts or the users who want to help and provide solutions might stop doing that.

• 9 months later...

I'm just about to give up on Evernote.

Quite often, I use EVERNOTE on my laptop to type texts instead of Word. Something is happening now that didn't happen before and it's very, very annoying. When I need to go back to a line of text to add a letter, or a word, or fix a typo, when I click on the spot where I need to do that, all the text after that spot gets highlighted, selected, and if I type the missing letter, or the first letter of the word I need to add, or whatever I need to do, all that selected text disappears. It's very very annoying and it makes me lose a lot of time having to re-type what got deleted. If you look at the screenshot I'm attaching, when I went back to type a missing word between the words "potencian" and "las habilidades", when I typed the first letter, "m", everything else after that m got automatically selected. If I keep typing, it gets deleted, so I have to click so it gets de-selected, click again next to that "m", and then it gets selected again!!! 

Anyone with the same problem? Any solution?

post-226670-0-13998400-1440938016_thumb.

Archived