Help! Cannot See Any of My Notes or Make New Ones

Sky Bray

Idea

Hi there - not sure where to post this - can't find a support forum.

When I opened Evernote today it upgraded to a new version, 6.0, automatically. Now I can see my notes but when I open them there is nothing there. Also can't type in a new note. Can add tags - that's it.

I'm on a Macbook Pro. OS 10.9.5

Really messed up - my whole life and business is in Evernote. I've spent hours making files, writing in journals, saving pictures etc. I can't even think about losing all of that time, effort and not to metion all of my stuff! My client's info, passwords, records of phonecalls etc.

Someone please tell me this is fixable??

10 replies to this idea

I have just had the same problem happen. I see the list of notes but i cannot view any of them. TERRIBLE. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE TO HAVE A BUG LIKE THIS. I have most of my stuff in Evernote and its advertised as an everything / life app.... How i am i suppose to do my work today?

This bug combined with the new context / advertising and i think it might be time to move away from Evernote. Maybe move away from all content storing apps - they eventually die or compromise their privacy values at some point...

Anyway, back to BUG. This has to be fixed QUICK. I can see the size of the document in the evernote app so I'm hoping its just a visual glitz. I also had a problem yesterday where i couldn't see / edit the title of a page id clipped into Evernote.

I love Evernote and store everything tagged in it for years. There is nothing better but this has brought home the risk of putting your data into an app... I've lost confidence.

----

Update :  I can export the note out and view the note & attached pdf. I couldnt view the pdf via the browser but that maybe unrelated. 

Update :  Other notes just become 'Untitled' randomly when i select them...

FIX THIS QUICK!

Im looking to move stuff out slowly now.. won't trust it again. Around 3400 notes :(

• Level 5

This has been reported several times. It seems to be a problem with the App Store version (6.0).

I recommend that you uninstall Evernote completely, download the version (6.0.1) directly from Evernote and re-install.

But first check whether all you notes are on the Evernote server and possibly back-up you evernote database on your Mac.

I have this same issue and am using an iMac. 

I can see the list of notes, but when I click into each of them there is no content and the title changes to "untitled" when I close the note.  Everything is available in the web version (and is still syncing to the app on my HTC One), and I can also change the title back to what it was previously (although still reverts to "untitled" again when I open the note in the app).  

Like other posters here, I love Evernote and use it for everything but this is terrible and the UI is very uninspiring. 

My Mac automatically updates software from the App Store and it seems I have fallen victim to over efficiency or stupidity or both.

I have paid for Evernote Premium but despite the premium epithet the service I've just received is anything but.

I have a client waiting for information I have in a note I cannot now access.

How is this meant to be a professional piece of software?

What were they thinking? Did they not know that many people have their apps set to automatically update - including on their mobile devices.

In trying to sort this I have now deleted the contents of this particular note by accident - I'm just hoping I can go back to previous versions and rescue the content.

Suddenly pen and paper seem very attractive again.

This has been reported several times. It seems to be a problem with the App Store version (6.0).

I recommend that you uninstall Evernote completely, download the version (6.0.1) directly from Evernote and re-install.

But first check whether all you notes are on the Evernote server and possibly back-up you evernote database on your Mac.

I understand you are helping with a suggestion to get Evernote back working but I have 50% of my notes in local folders and 50% synced. I don't want to have to think about uninstalling and re-installing.

I was hoping that an app store update would be out by now.... ?

Im 100% moving all my stuff out and just keeping everything local on my laptop in folders (tags is better) - that'll get backed up in several ways. Ill keep non personal pdfs & notes i need access to in dropbox.

I had this same issue in Windows. What I did to resolve it was to open the Application, then click on Activity. I clicked on one of the links in that Activity, and it opened up as expected, but in Evernotes and not as a separate Window. I immediately clicked on the other Notebooks and could see them all, but again IN EVERNOTES and not a SEPARATE WINDOW.

The BUG here then must be that if you have it opening up in a separate Window, that eventually Evernotes must be opening up that windows in some location not visible within your monitor's range.

Can others please confirm?

Archived