Evernote 6.0: Doesn't display notes, then erases their titles.

Kevin Mitchell

Idea

Just upgraded to Evernote 6.0 from the App Store.

It's not displaying the notes. Just a big blank area where the note goes.

Except sometimes it does display the note. When it does, it erases the note's title and then uploads it.

So now I have several untitled notes with the wrong modification dates.

And then I thought to go recover the notes by going to the web and using the history to reset the mod dates and get the titles back, and nope, no history.

This is kind of a disaster.

Kevin

17 replies to this idea

We just shipped 6.0.5 to both the Mac App Store and to direct download customers.  One of our goals for this release is to fix the notes loading slowly or not displaying at all issue.  Check out my forum post at:  http://bit.ly/1xrtZ6N.  If you're still seeing this issue please upgrade to the new release and tell us if it fixed your particular issue.  It sounds like 6.0.5 did fix the issue for some of the people who have tried it.  Jim, thanks for letting the community know the upgrade worked for you.

I just upgraded to 6.0.5 and it's fixed this problem for me. 

We just shipped 6.0.5 to both the Mac App Store and to direct download customers.  One of our goals for this release is to fix the notes loading slowly or not displaying at all issue.  Check out my forum post at:  http://bit.ly/1xrtZ6N.  If you're still seeing this issue please upgrade to the new release and tell us if it fixed your particular issue.  It sounds like 6.0.5 did fix the issue for some of the people who have tried it.  Jim, thanks for letting the community know the upgrade worked for you.

6.0.5 released today seems to have fixed this with my initial testing. Thanks to the Evernote team for addressing this so quickly. I seem be be up and running again and things are stable. I' planning on sticking with Evernote until I can't. Its too nice in so many other ways.

Replaced Version 6.0.3 (451151 AppStore) with Version 6.0.3 (451151 Direct): this time, works absolutely fine. No display issue, nothing wrong.

In other words: DON'T INSTALL AppStore version, download and install direct from Evernote web site.

I've had the same issue for several weeks now. After a while, notes do not display. Re-boot is the only way to keep using Evernote 6.0.3 (on OS X 10.9.5). How long does it take to fix this thing. Evernote team, are you paying attention?

I'm getting the same issue with 6.0.3. Evernote works fine for hours. Then all of a sudden clicking on a note takes minutes to display the note. Restarting Evernote and the Evernote Helper didn't fix it. Activity Monitor doesn't show anything using an unusual amount of CPU. Have to reboot to get Evernote working properly again. Might be time to rethink Microsoft OneNote.

Updated with 6.0.3.(451151 AppStore)

Actually, does not fix completely the issue. When first clicking on a note that has not been open for a while, it's blanck. Wait a couple of minutes, doing nothing on it, the note content appears.

Very frustrating, almost impossible to work real time on Evernote. I am more and more using DevonThink instead.

• Level 5*

It sounds like you have upgraded to EN Mac 6.0, AppStore version.  This version has known bugs that cause the issues you are seeing.  Most likely all of your Notes are still there, just not being properly processed by Ver 6.0.

At this point, I would recommend that you do NOT use Ver 6.0 any more to avoid losing more of your Note Titles.

EDIT.  EN Mac 6.0.3 is now available in the Mac App Store.  You probably should update to this version ASAP.  See EN Mac 6.0.3 Mac App Store Update

Your choices now are:

1. Switch to Direct D/L Ver 6.0.3 which has fixed these bugs
    See Evernote Mac v6.0.3 Released
  2. Wait for an update to the AppStore version to be released, which is due any day now.
    You can use EN Web until the update.

No title + blank text area thing happened to me as well. With latest Yosemite, App Store EN.

I freaked out, thinking I may have lost a whole lot of stuff, then did a restart. That brought back the contents, but the title was still gone on the note I'd been working on most recently.

Also, every now and then, EN6 feels very laggy response-wise. I'll type, and there'll be a delay before the text appears. Without much running at the same time. I hadn't noticed it ever in < EN6.

Think this one might have a few issues that need addressing.

Archived