I have a question around using evernote as an engineering logbook. Currently I use hand written notes and would really like to utilize a software like evernote.

I would like to know if there's a way to lock the note entry when I am finished with it, so that no more edits can be made.  Basically if it came down to it and I needed to used my notes in a lawsuit or a claim, that there would be no way that my notes could claimed to be altered.  I see that there are time stamps, but these can be changed so it doesn't really help with this issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

No - the individual notes cannot be locked. 

The Evernote premium history only saves 2 to 3 times a day - not good for your application.

You could convert it to a password protected PDF file, or convert to Microsoft Word with real-time revision history.

But if you deal with a legal environment with the possibility of lawsuits, it might be safer to stick with a safer environment.

• Like 1

For an engineering logbook, where intellectual property may be of a concern, I would suggest not using any cloud storage application.