How can I merge notes or notebooks with Penultimate 6.0?

Traeboy

I had this same question yesterday as I frequently jot down everything in the same note throughout the day, and then at the end of the day (at least in v5), I'd just move the pages to the appropriate notes. So if I had a few meetings and some customer calls, I'd review them at the end of the day and then file them away. 

Unfortunately I talked with support yesterday and after they did a little research and we tried a few things, they confirmed that it is not possible in v6. And if you try to do it in evernote via the merge function, it gives you a message saying the note will no longer be accessible in specialty EN apps. Support confirmed that if you do the merge, you won't be able to access it any longer in PEN. 

I did ask that the dev team take this into consideration for a future app update. This function is so important for my personal workflow everyday that I'm not sure I'll be able to continue using it. I'm pretty crushed as I LOVED Penultimate...

I actually tested this out to respond in another thread on the same issue, and when I tried, you couldn't even do a merge in Evernote, so on the one hand this is good as it prevents people from inadvertently denying penultimate access to that note, but it is bad because it means there is no merge functionality whatsoever. 

• 1 year later...

I know this is almost 2 years after the last post, but I found that I could merge two Penultimate files into one on Evernote.  Evernote does warn you that the merged note will not be accessible in the application where it was created.  I found that to be true.  However, I also found that if I changed the two original non-merged notes, they re-appeared in Evernote after syncing.  In other words, the two Penultimate notes continue syncing with Evernote, but the merged note does not sync back with Penultimate.  I'm using a Windows version of Evernote and an iPad version (6.2.1, I believe) of Penultimate.

Archived