Home School discount?

Anyone can get a free Evernote account. 

From the Knowledge base I have this on getting a discount on a business account:

Qualifying educational institutions are defined as public or private K-12, vocational school, correspondence school, religious education school, junior college, college, university, or scientific or technical school, degree granting school or university which is organized and operated exclusively for the purpose of teaching its enrolled students and is not affiliated with any private or public corporation or business entity. Degree-granting schools must require not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study; schools must be accredited by an accrediting agency nationally recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or, in the case of public K-12 institutions, recognized or approved by the Department of Education of the State in which it is located.

Based on what I have bolded, I suspect a little is going to depend on what state you are in as different states have different rules in regards to how home schools are administered in regards to government agencies. Some require no government involvement, some require involvement at the local level with a school board, some require involvement with the state level government, and some require membership in a NGO. Even those which require a state level involvement don't always require an involvement at with the Department of Education, NC for instance has homeschoolers register with the Department of NonPublic Education which exists in the administrative part of NC state level government NOT the Department of Education which solely oversees public schools.

For Evernote: this is a badly worded piece of policy. As a home school parent I can suggest a couple of things. First give thought to who you want to benefit with this sort of discount. Is there a minimum number of students at a school that you would like to see before giving a discount? Do you want to only give discount to schools that are not home schools? Would you like to benefit only public and private nonprofits (this would include public schools and anyschool that is a 501©3 but would eliminate schools run for profit and most home schools)? Would you like to benefit only schools that serve a certain percentage of students in poverty? These sorts of questions would help you establish a clear policy on the school discounts that would be easy to understand and apply. 

Archived