Do shared notebooks increase my monthly usage?

Can anybody enlighten me as to whether shared notebooks increase my monthly data usage if accessed by those who are shared on the notebook?

I imagine that if those accessing shared notebook add/edit then those changes would use up some of my monthly usage. I'm trying to work out how I share thing.

many thanks!

• Level 5*

I would think that edits to notes in a shared notebook would count against the owner of the notebook. But I don't know for sure, and it doesn't say here, though the Business product is covered) It'd be nice to get a ruling from the Evernote folks, and get this article updated as well.

Can anybody enlighten me as to whether shared notebooks increase my monthly data usage if accessed by those who are shared on the notebook?

I imagine that if those accessing shared notebook add/edit then those changes would use up some of my monthly usage. I'm trying to work out how I share thing.

many thanks!

I know it used to be that the edits went against the account where the note resides, not the account of the person doing the edits (unless they are the same, of course.). (Which makes sense.)  I would imagine that much has not changed...but I wouldn't swear to it.

If I share a media file, is my bandwidth affected if the person I share with listens/watches the media?

Your Evernote upload amount (not the same thing as bandwidth) is not affected by downloads.  (Hence the name.)  So someone can download the file & listen/watch it without affecting your Evernote upload amount. 

If I share a media file, is my bandwidth affected if the person I share with listens/watches the media?

Your Evernote upload amount (not the same thing as bandwidth) is not affected by downloads.  (Hence the name.)  So someone can download the file & listen/watch it without affecting your Evernote upload amount. 

Many thanks, that makes sense!

Archived