Latest EverNote on latest Yosemite (10.10.1) won't start

mikeryan

Idea

I received notice of a new EverNote version to install, maybe a couple of days ago, and chose to install it on relaunch. This morning I updated my MacBook Pro to the new Yosemite update 10.10.1, exiting all applications including EverNote before the restart. After restarting, EverNote has a new dock icon - clicking it just bounces a couple of times and nothing launches. I rebooted again, same thing. Here's what show up in the console log when I try:

11/18/14 9:35:49.569 AM Evernote[1681]: Unable to load nib file: MainMenu, exiting
11/18/14 9:35:49.570 AM CoreServicesUIAgent[298]: unexpected message <OS_xpc_error: <error: 0x7fff745edc60> { count = 1, contents =
    "XPCErrorDescription" => <string: 0x7fff745edf70> { length = 18, contents = "Connection invalid" }
}>
11/18/14 9:35:49.574 AM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.evernote.Evernote.37520[1681]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1

2 replies to this idea

Well, downloaded the app from evernote.com and re-installed it - I seem to be back to normal, the icon is the familiar elephant on a green background again and all my notes seem to be intact. The version shows as 5.72. Somehow the automated update seems to have corrupted the app, whether the Yosemite update had anything to do with it is hard to tell at this point...

Archived