The new web UI is unusable

shaqal

Idea

I am a basically a tech geek. I pride myself with being able to use interfaces which are counter-intuitive for most people just because I have seen so many of them. Though the old UI is not very flashy or animated, it was intuitive. Although I tried shifting to many different note taking apps (one-note, keep, pocket, any.do etc, etc), at the end of the day when I wanted to take down something without debating on which app to use, I opened evernote. So obviously when I got the pop-up to try the beta, I was happy. 10 minutes into using it, I hated it.. I have tried using it 3 times till now, but everytime I end up hating it even more, and praying to god that in future the option to use the old UI is always there. With the new UI, the main problem is that things are not infront of me. They are hidden. I know where they are, but having the list infront of you at all times in a solid unmovable frame gives a kind of trust that nothing else can give. Yes, screen-space is important. But no, human eyes are not bad at concentrating on the important part of the screen. As proved by thousands of lab experiments over the past century, human eyes are pretty good at concentrating on the important part and ignoring the rest. With the new UI, evernote is gonna become just another one of the wannabe note-taking apps which are full of features you cannot imagine even in your dreams by unusable at the end of the day.

At the end I want to ask 2 things:

1. I have reverted to the old UI, but how can I stop getting the notification to try the beta every few days?

2. If you are planning to remove support for the old UI in the future, please let me know as soon as possible, so that I can start my hunt for a new note-taking app.

thanks

3 replies to this idea

Thank you for the feedback, shaqal. 

Can you help us understand the specific things that you would like to get easy access too? What are you doing frequently that you're having trouble with now?  Any scenarios you can outline will help us better understand your needs. 

If you have feature requests for the Beta, definitely mention them in the Feature Request forum and we will take them into consideration: 

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/68881-web-beta-feature-requests/

- Nancy 

Can you help us understand the specific things that you would like to get easy access too? What are you doing frequently that you're having trouble with now?  Any scenarios you can outline will help us better understand your needs. 

With the new UI, the main problem is that things are not infront of me. They are hidden. I know where they are, but having the list infront of you at all times in a solid unmovable frame gives a kind of trust that nothing else can give. Yes, screen-space is important. But no, human eyes are not bad at concentrating on the important part of the screen. 

That's what he wants Nancy... but it's going to be an unfulfilled item on his wishlist. 

Thank you for the feedback, shaqal. 

If you have feature requests for the Beta, definitely mention them in the Feature Request forum and we will take them into consideration: 

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/68881-web-beta-feature-requests/

- Nancy

As a member, you should give advice after using the product. Or you will never get the right direction, you only get more angry feedback

Archived