squaregoldfish

Accessing URLs from clipped web pages

Clipping web pages is a great feature, but it's now quite tedious to get back to the original page from within the note. The old interface provided a link to the page at the top of the note (which opened in a new tab), but now it's hidden in the note info. That wouldn't be too bad, but the URL is in a text box, meaning we can't click it to go to the page - it has to be manually copied and pasted into a new tab.

Please add a faster way to get from a note to the original page!

Steve.

• Like 5

Thank you for the feedback, Steve.  We are looking into better ways to solve this problem moving forward. 

I only just got the new version and I really, really miss this! I clip recipes to blog about later and I need the URLs! 

Please reinstate it.

It looks gorgeous otherwise.

Thank you.

I agree. We really need a fast way to access URL links from clipped notes as was possible in the old web version.

I'm torn about the redesign. I like the new clean look, but not being able to see as many thumbnails for saved notes makes it frustrating to visually search through thousands of notes to find the one you want. Yes, I tag, heavily. Sometimes though, a visual search is easier. With the old system, when you wanted to quickly scroll through your note list, you could do so quickly. With the beta, not so much. Please incorporate a grid view with resizable thumbnails.

Thanks.

Can't believe this has gone - the single most important feature for me.

In fact, I thought that's what Evernote was for - clip sites, pages, articles etc and then easily be able to get back to them.

I've been a premium member for many, many years this kind of things suggests I need to find an alternative. Any suggestions? 

Can't believe this has gone - the single most important feature for me.

In fact, I thought that's what Evernote was for - clip sites, pages, articles etc and then easily be able to get back to them.

I've been a premium member for many, many years this kind of things suggests I need to find an alternative. Any suggestions? 

Hi fratony,

I just wanted to follow up with you and emphasize that this scenario is important to us and we will address the ease of access to the original URL in a future release. For now, the workaround is to click on the "i" and go to the Information Panel and copy the URL. We understand this is unideal and will be fixing this soon. Since this is still a Beta, we don't have all of the features available yet. If you'd like, you can roll back to the non-beta version of the webclient by following these instructions: 

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/69003-opting-into-and-out-of-the-new-web-beta/

Nancy 

Dear Evernote

A new premium user here.

SURELY YOU ARE KIDDING!!

BEING ABLE TO RETURN TO THE ORIGINAL URL IS

THE REASON I SIGNED UP FOR EVERNOTE.

Thank you.

I seriously thought I was losing my mind that I was clicking on the title to the note trying to find the original url.  I simply cannot believe this feature is gone and that I now have to go into the info on the note and copy and paste - it isn't even a link?  But I actually have to copy and paste it?  How many steps exactly have been added to our workflow now?  Do you guys not actually use this product - because I am pretty sure if you did, you would have noticed how incredibly important that feature is and you would not have gotten rid of it.

It has actually reduced my desire to even use Evernote and I have been a premium member for years.

Unbelievably disappointed and kind of makes me feel like you guys are not that bright.

Did this get fixed? I'm banging my head on the wall as that might be an easier way to recall web pages...

Did this get fixed? I'm banging my head on the wall as that might be an easier way to recall web pages...

This will be fixed in the next release. 

- Nancy

- Nancy

Please make sure this is fixed in ALL platforms/clients, especially EN Mac and EN Win.

- Nancy

Please make sure this is fixed in ALL platforms/clients, especially EN Mac and EN Win.

Hi JMichael, 

I can't speak for the other products, but will share the feedback to the respective teams. We will be fixing this in the web client. 

- Nancy 

I can't believe this feature is not there. It's screwed me badly, because I thought I'd be able to get back to the original site address. Now it is lost forever.

Have to google, hope google can help me get it back. Now I can no longer trust evernote to save important web pages from my iPhone

On 2016-10-12 at 08:24, Andy-SA said:

I can't believe this feature is not there. It's screwed me badly, because I thought I'd be able to get back to the original site address. Now it is lost forever.

Have to google, hope google can help me get it back. Now I can no longer trust evernote to save important web pages from my iPhone

As per @squaregoldfish, you can click on INFO and see the url

IMG_1402.PNG

Hi Evernote Team,

Can you at least provide the option to see the source URL at the top or bottom of the note ... say in the settings? I don't want to click on info and then see the source URL, it wastes the time as I have to click on source urls a lot. Please help. Thanks.

23 hours ago, kinshuk4 said:

Hi Evernote Team,

Can you at least provide the option to see the source URL at the top or bottom of the note ... say in the settings? I don't want to click on info and then see the source URL, it wastes the time as I have to click on source urls a lot. Please help. Thanks.

I see the source URL displayed at the top-right of the note panel, when the editing tools are not displayed. This is in the newer web client, btw. In the older web client, it was in the info link; but the old web client doesn't appear to be under active development as far as I can tell.

So 5 years on since the introduction of the new interface and this is still not fixed!!!!!!!!!

Come on evernote team, you have to be kidding me.

This is a really important feature that you have taken away.  Please put it back.

• Like 1