Can't get the announcement icon off the widget.

Same here.

BTW: I see the business need behind the notification trumpet, BUT.....

--> it's possibly the n.1 annoyance that evernote android users complain about.

there must be a better way to do this - some ideas:

1. have a rather hidden settings option to get rid of this. this way power users, the ones who likely complain the most, will have a way to get rid of it.

2. alternatively, or possibly in addition to what above: just make it less ugly / invasive.  avoid wasting screen space.

as a (happy) premium users since many years, i'd like to be able to have an ad-free experience. the trumpet is basically an ad.

It used to disappear after you read the announcements. It seems they obviously changed it to always be visible.

I tried deleting the announcements thinking that that would make it go away but no luck.

Evernote please change this back and make the little notice disappear after announcements have been read or at least after they have been deleted. This is really annoying and there is no need for you to make this permanent.

Mine is stuck at "4"  :(

I'm finding this issue, and the lack of response, increasingly annoying. I look at my EN widget quite a bit throughout the day and each time there is this .... trumpet that persists. Additionally it reduces the size of the widget by approximately half the size of the trumpet icon.

Just switched phones and had this problem. I found a solution tonight (workaraound). 

1) Uninstalled Evernote and Evernote widgets apps. 

2) Reinstalled both then signed into Evernote

3) Read all the announcements so I had no new announcements and only then did I recreate my widget.  A pain but it seemed to work.

Worked for me. Thanks alot "wshtk" !  :)

Just switched phones and had this problem. I found a solution tonight (workaraound). 

3) Read all the announcements so I had no new announcements and only then did I recreate my widget.  A pain but it seemed to work.

Thanks for posting this. Followed your instructions and worked as you said. Hopefully will be addressed soon.

Unfortunately, this does not work for me..... widget showed back up with 4 notifications...

• 4 months later...

Just tried wshtk's suggestion, and it worked. I took the added precaution of restarting my phone after uninstalling the app and widget (like rebooting my laptop after an uninstall). Reinstalled both the app and widget and for the first time in months - no trumpet! 

We'll see what happens next time Evernote posts a new announcement... ;)

Archived