Version 5.7.2, Mac app, text wrap - text continues to the right (off the screen)

Shawn G Chicago

Idea

Purpose: Need help fixing a problem.

Version: 5.7.2 for Mac

Problem:

I just upgraded my Evernote Mac app to version 5.7.2.

After the upgrade, I noticed a problem with two of my recently-created notes: Text continues to the right off the page (so I have to scroll to the right to see it). I have not seen this problem in the Evernote Mac app before. 

The two recently-created notes that have the problem are nearly identical in format to about 10 other notes that I also created recently. However, those 10 other notes don't have the problem.

In all the notes mentioned above, I use bulleted lists and have text in various font sizes, ranging from 13 to 36.

I tried to fix the problem by selecting all the text in one of the affected notes, and then clicking Format > Simplify Formatting. After I did that, all the text in the note became font size 13. However, the problem still remained.

This is as much detail as I can think of. 

Does someone know why this issue is occurring and how to fix it? The end result I need is to be able to view all text within a note by simply scrolling up and down - not needing to scroll to the right.

My final test: I just copied the text I just wrote in this forum post and pasted it into a new note. The note looks fine and does not have the problem. 

Thanks.

Shawn

post-234597-0-17282000-1415969681_thumb.

post-234597-0-47831100-1415969687_thumb.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I'm pretty sure this is a bug.  It has been reported by a number of other users.  Click on the "wordwrap" tag/button at the top of this page to see related posts.

You may Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

Archived