Subscription comparison chart & limits article

Related to the change in upload allowances on Premium (now 4GB), I thought it was high time to remind everyone that we have two resources in the Knowledge Base that are useful for anyone looking to compare Free, Premium, and Business subscription levels, or check on current account limitations.

The limits article is here: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/23283158

The subscription comparison chart is here: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/23258452

We update these religiously, so any changes to the Evernote's core limits or feature sets should be reflected in these spots. As always, let us know if there's something that you think is missing or requires clarification/update.

• Level 5*

Thanks. Just for clarification, did the cap on the number of read/write notebooks shareable by a Free account get lifted? It was 0, then it was 1, but now it seems to be higher.

Nevermind, I think I answered my own question. In the Work Chat topic (https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/72556-introducing-work-chat/), it says "to make all of this work beautifully, we’ve enabled read/write sharing of single notes and opened read/write notebook sharing to all users.". So that cap is gone for free users. Nice.

• Level 5*

Related to the change in upload allowances on Premium (now 4GB), I thought it was high time to remind everyone that we have two resources in the Knowledge Base that are useful for anyone looking to compare Free, Premium, and Business subscription levels, or check on current account limitations.

The limits article is here: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/23283158

The subscription comparison chart is here: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/23258452

We update these religiously, so any changes to the Evernote's core limits or feature sets should be reflected in these spots. As always, let us know if there's something that you think is missing or requires clarification/update.

Thanks Geoff, this is very helpful.

Maybe you could "officially" clarify one point that has been discussed a lot in other threads.

The subscription comparison chart shows the Free account is unchecked (meaning does not provide) for "Search inside PDFs and attached documents".

However, when this is tested, it seems the Free accounts do search PDFs IF they are text-based, or were OCR'd prior to upload to Evernote.

Is this just an oversight in the chart?  Is that a feature that Free account owners can continue to count on?

Thanks.

Working on all of these, thanks for the feedback.

You're right Jefito--notebook sharing is now completely lifted, and share notebook is coming to Work Chat across the platforms. (also, I think the term used now for shared notebooks, at least in the subscription comparison chart, is collaborate notebooks).

JM, we're double checking on this.

Thanks EVB, we're reporting this.

• Ex Employees

JM..

It is a premium feature that allows searching for text inside of PDFs. But a free user who previously OCR’ed a PDF will find that it is searchable in their Evernote account. 

Jefito..

The read/write cap has been removed for sharing notebooks in Free accounts. Free users are now able to share all 250 created by you notebooks and can add up to 100 notebooks shared with them.

Premium users are also able to share all 250 created by them notebooks, but can add 500 notebooks shared with them.

Business members can create, share and join up to 500 business notebooks, on top of their 250 personal notebooks. 

We're updating our Knowledge Base to make this more clear. 

• Level 5*

JM..
It is a premium feature that allows searching for text inside of PDFs. But a free user who previously OCR’ed a PDF will find that it is searchable in their Evernote account. 

So, to make it clear, please add a row to the Comparison table that shows PDF Search (text-based & pre-OCR'd) as checked for Free accounts.

• Ex Employees

JM..

So, to make it clear, please add a row to the Comparison table that shows PDF Search (text-based & pre-OCR'd) as checked for Free accounts.

Thanks. I've passed this along to the Education team. 

• Ex Employees

JM..

Thanks. I've passed this along to the Education team. 

Updates made :)

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Can I opt in and out of Premium on as needed basis. 

Yes, as far as I know. If you're going to do a big scanning session, say, you can plump for a month of premium, and then go back onto free.

Can I opt in and out of Premium on as needed basis. 

Yes, as far as I know. If you're going to do a big scanning session, say, you can plump for a month of premium, and then go back onto free.

Thanks jefito, based on your ~13k posts I'll make that my planning assumption.  Maybe a Green Seal could confirm :) 

Geoff: on a side note. All these KB links aren't working when your OSX language is set to Dutch. All links revert back to the support home page in Dutch. Only in an incognito Chrome session I get the English version. 

gbarry,  Thanks for posting those articles.  They were just what I needed.  

I'm a free member and have been scanning in a lot of appliance manuals lately. Evernote has informed me that I am almost at my upload limit for the month.  I've been uploading them as pngs and some are quite large.  Do you think if I - going forward - were to turn the scans into pdfs before uploading to Evernote I'd be able to keep the sizes down significantly?

Also, are there any other best practices for keeping the monthly data amount low?

Thanks!

gbarry I believe the comparison chart does not clarify how support works, from reading it seems like only business users have access to support. I was under the impression that support was open to everyone, w premium clients getting 24hr replies - not sure how it works for business

• Level 5*

Free users don't get support as such anymore. They can report bugs and get help with a billing issue if they are trying to go premium.

I don't remember the last time I heard of anyone getting a human response inside 24 hours so I think that commitment is gone.

I'm not sure if there is an SLA for Business, I think they get the same as Premium.

Free users don't get support as such anymore. They can report bugs and get help with a billing issue if they are trying to go premium.

I don't remember the last time I heard of anyone getting a human response inside 24 hours so I think that commitment is gone.

I'm not sure if there is an SLA for Business, I think they get the same as Premium.

I was a free user most of the last half of last year... I recieved support on various issues...

Took some time... However my experience was far better than any other major program companies... Including Windows (OneNote -direct competitor) and apple...

As premium the support I received was instantaneous.

Yes, but they started eliminating Tech Support for Free users halfway through 2014 and now you can only get Support for account related issues, such as your unable to access it for some reason. Even then, it could be days, weeks or months before you get a reply. The standard, canned response from Support now is to direct folks back to this Forum.

I was a free user most of the last half of last year... I recieved support on various issues...

Took some time... However my experience was far better than any other major program companies... Including Windows (OneNote -direct competitor) and apple...

As premium the support I received was instantaneous.

• 1 month later...

I noticed the limits link said that there is a maximum of 100,000 notes allowed... is this total notes per account ever, or is it a monthly upload limit?  Thanks.

• Level 5*

I noticed the limits link said that there is a maximum of 100,000 notes allowed... is this total notes per account ever, or is it a monthly upload limit?  Thanks.

100K is max number of notes allowed in an account at a time, total; that's the current number -- it may go up at a later date. Upload limits are as listed in the linked article, and these are gauged on a monthly basis (free = 60MB/month, premium = 4GB/month). I wouldn't recommend trying to max out your account (either the 100K note limit or a 4GB monthly upload limit). You may not get good performance in your Evernote clients.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jeff. Welcome to Forum! Please be aware that this a "Users Helping Other Evernote Users," forum. Evernote (EN) provides the forum and do monitor all the threads, but it is not an official or direct link to Evernote Customer Service. Staff will occassionally chime in to help, but most, possibly all, suggestions and advice will come from fellow EN users.

I suggest you re-post this into its own, new Topic (thread) with a title saying something to the effect of "Need advice on choosing the right type of EN Account."

Also add some more details if you can. i.e.:

* Do you mean sharing with friends, family or for a business? If it's for a business, are you the owner and operator?

And again if a business, as I suspect it is based on your wording:

* What volume and type of documents do you want to share via Notebooks. If it's a large volume (hundreds or more) of business notes then I'd looking at getting a Business account.

* And what level of Sharing do you want to do? Meaning are you looking as an employers wanting to give limited Sharing priledges where they can view but not edit notes and attached office documents? (Read-only access.) Or do you want one or both people to have full editing priviledges?

* Are you looking to build a Knowledge Base with company info, templates, contacts, contacts, etc., all stored in one location?

* Have you worked with a cloud service like Evernote before and understand that your database lives on the Evernote Servers so everyone with editing priviledges, including you, would need to understand how the Syncing process works?

It might help if you just explain what you need, and if it's for a business, what type of business it is. What specifically, do you need Evernote or other software to do accomplish for you? i.e.:

* Tracking sales?

* Storing client data?

* Manage properties?

* Etc.

Here's a link to Business Help section of this Forum. I'd suggest you re-post this with some clarifications, in that area as a New Topic thread. And also look trawl through some of the threads there by actual Evernote Business Users.

https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/277-business-help/

I have two people that I want to use a few of the notebooks in both accounts. Do I need Business for 10 per month or can I do that with the 5 dollar per month plan or free

Archived