New Evernote Web Client

clgoffos

Idea

I've been an Evernote user for years now. I use it for virtually every facet of my life. It's the best tool out there for staying organized.

That being said, I've very disappointed by the new web client. I switched to it to try for a few days, but I've switched back to the old client and won't upgrade again until they force me to.

While I like the simplicity of the new design, and I think the got the "distraction-free" aspect right, it's not functional enough for me to use at work. My employer won't allow me to install Evernote desktop, so I'm left using the web client, but this new one won't cut it for how I use Evernote.

Problems:

1. I can't unlock encrypted text within a note. If I mouse over the lock graphic, the hint pops up, but I can't click on it to type in my password. Thus, encrypted text is inaccessible.

2. I often collect research in one note, but I do my writing in another note. Using the desktop client and old web client, I could easily have two notes in two separate windows side-by-side. The new client offers no option to do this.

3. Some typing functionality is missing. For instance, when I write, I can't create hyperlinks within text (i.e. highlight a word and create a hyperlink from that word to another website or note).

There are a few other little nuances that I don't like, but these are the three big problem keeping me from making the switch, as all three are necessary to my typical use of Evernote during the workday.

Am I wrong about any of these three? Can someone tell me how to do each of these in the new client?

If not, I'd like the Evernote developers to note my excitement about the new client, but frustration that it lacks features I consider key to my use.

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived