Quicklook Support on the Mac

Paul007

Idea

The Quicklook feature is one of the best features of a Mac.  It's built into the system, and my understanding is that most Mac apps can take advantage of it pretty easily.  Why doesn't Evernote take advantage of it?

I want to be able to quickly search for a note in the "expanded card view" and then press space bar to bring up a quicklook of the note, just like what I can do with Finder.  I find that helps me find files much faster.  Doing a side panel view is not as good b/c you can't quickly glance as many note "cards" at once.

2 replies to this idea

Evernote does support Quicklook, I believe. Quicklook is specifically a Finder function: If you hit the spacebar on a file (or you get Spotlight search results), and you space over it, you'll get an expanded view.

The problem is that Evernote's Quicklook results stink. They're just the card view. Which is very small, and has almost no information. I'd like it if the QL results were the full note in a scrolling window that looked like what you get on a TextEdit or Preview or any other kind of document.

• Level 5*

The Quicklook feature is one of the best features of a Mac.  It's built into the system, and my understanding is that most Mac apps can take advantage of it pretty easily.  Why doesn't Evernote take advantage of it?

I want to be able to quickly search for a note in the "expanded card view" and then press space bar to bring up a quicklook of the note, just like what I can do with Finder.  I find that helps me find files much faster.  Doing a side panel view is not as good b/c you can't quickly glance as many note "cards" at once.

I don't know IF or WHEN Evernote will ever add this feature.  Meanwhile, perhaps you can just double-click on the Note card as a work-around. 

This opens the Note in a separate window.  Seems pretty close to how Preview works.

Archived