Recover notes from a non-registered account

I never registered my evernote account on my old phone. When I got my new phone I tried to login to the account from my old phone but could not (because it had never been registered). I did, however, have an evernote email address that was listed on my old phone but could not use that to login. Is there any way to recover the information stored on my old phone in the evernote account that was never registered?

• Level 5*

Do you use EN on the web, Mac or Windows?  Did you sync your old phone with the EN servers (not sure how you couldn't have, but...)?  If either of those is true, you should be able to install the EN app on your new phone and access your notes.  Your notes are stored on the EN servers through the syncing process and are available on any client upon which you install the software.  Make sure you have the right account name and  password.

That's the problem- I never registered my account so I do not have a password that corresponds to the evernote email address I have. I accidentally logged out of evernote on my old phone & now cannot log back in (no username or password, never registered). I am guessing all of my notes are lost.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

• Level 5*

May you have forgotten the username/password when you first started EN?  To my knowledge, I don't think you could have entered notes on the phone without first creating those credentials.  The username may or may not have been your email address depending on what you used.  But your are correct, pending that information you cannot gain access to whatever notes you created.  You can go to the web and try and log in there as well, but you need the username.  

You could try EN support relative to an account issue, give them your email address and see if they can give you your username, but I don't know if that is feasible.  That's all I have....   :(

• Level 5*

I never registered my evernote account on my old phone. When I got my new phone I tried to login to the account from my old phone but could not (because it had never been registered). I did, however, have an evernote email address that was listed on my old phone but could not use that to login. Is there any way to recover the information stored on my old phone in the evernote account that was never registered?

Julie, looks like you have a unique situation here.   I suspect the only way to resolve it is submit a Support Ticket with "Account Issues".

I suggest you Submit an EN Support Ticket  and select "Account Issues" in the first field dropdown, and then fully explain your situation in the body of the ticket.  If you are not a Premium account owner, I'm not sure how long it will take for Evernote to respond.

Archived