Digibob

ios Unable to edit work on Evernote.

I have just started using Evernote and find that if I make a typing error there seems to be no automatic spelling suggestion to click on.  If i spell incorrectly I have to replace the whole word and phrase - can't, for instance insert a single letter, comma etc.  Is there a function I can turn on so that I get the same effect as using Word?  

I'm running EN Mac and spell-check and cursor insertion work fine.

What platform and EN version are you running?

Thank you for your prompt response.  I am using an Apple I-pad with iOS 8.1.  Does that tell you what you want to know?

I was using Notes, but my work kept disappearing.  But at laest it was easy to correct the wording.  Sometimes on Evernote i can place the cursor in just the right place to make a correction, but more often it just blocks the whole word, which then has to be completely zapped and replaced.

I rarely use my iPad or iPhone for Note entry, but in a quick test I see what you mean.  EN iOS does not underline misspelled words like other iOS apps (like Mail) do.  Looks like a bug to me.

I suggest you Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

No spell check and you have to zap the whole word or phrase and completely re-type.  This is very time-consuming