Going premium NOW beforce new prices/models are coming?

Hi there!

After being an EN user for 6 years now I use EN more and more during the last weeks. Although I could be satisfied with the free account I'd like to go for premium for 1 year - BUT: Evernote has declared that new prices and/or new price models are coming along at the beginning of 2015.

For that I reason I hesitate to switch to premium. What if prices are going down or there may be another model ("Premium private"  ;) ) that would even suit my need better. Would I be hung within this year or will there be a way to settle those or to get a partial refund?

Any input would be greatly appreciated - thank you very much!

Regards,

Matthias

Their CEO said that their current price was "wrong" and it will be modified in the very beginning of 2015. According to him the price will increase in some countries and decrease in other countries, whatever that means.

If the price increases here in germany I'll look for alternatives. Honestly, I love EN but I really don't like their new focus (teams and business user) and I already don't use all the bells and whistles their integration right now (contect, work chat etc.). Unfortunately, i didn't find to manage an alternative :-(

Regards,

Matthias

• Evernote Expert

Good luck #Evernote increasing prices here in India.. (Premium prices have near doubled from when i started thanks to the Rupee depreciation against dollar.).. I am fine with current pricing.. 45$ now will roughly translate to Rs.3000/year in India ( Monthly payments are unsuitable for me), an increase of this amount may lead me to re-consider my decision.. 

• Level 5

I remember getting burned when GoldMine made the big switch from consumers/small business to large corporate customers. Not only did they raise the annual software update price astronomically for existing customers, but they also added a massive annual maintenance program. 

I don't know what Evernote has in mind, but just like tax increases (Laffer curve), the expected financial results from price increases does not always correlate with the CFO's projections.

I think I'll wait for the new prices to arrive and then decide on what to do. 

Fact is that there are MANY users out there who don't like the new direction of Evernote and I'm pretty sure that this is the wrong decision for the company...

I agree with you.

Although I can't hold myself booking premium I still think that waiting for new prices would be wise - I know that if I go for 1 year premium I will use it very much. But I'm not willing so spend more than 40€ for it so in case of an increase I would rather look for alternatives or stay with the free model.

Archived