Qualitative Analysis

ALO

First off, I'm an historian by trade and Evernote has become an absolutely indispensable of my research and writing process over the past year. I primarily apply qualitative analytical method to my sources, and have used Evernote to track my axial coding. What I have noticed in trying out a few new techniques for my current project is that Evernote is ever so close to being an absolutely AMAZING qualitative analysis tool.

I don't know if this is by design or not, but nonetheless, the potential is just beneath the surface. If at least the desktop versions of Evernote integrated a tag and/or trait mapping tool, that would be enough. Most qualitative analysis software runs a few hundred dollars per MONTH, and that's with an academic license! At Evernote's price-point, I can guarantee you'd see a veritable flood of new premium users signing up. I'd train both my undergrads and graduate students to use it for the purpose of qualitative analysis and building grounded theory. I'd also make its use a requirement in my courses. 

The atlas, chronological display, note links, charting, and table of contents features have already brought Evernote SO close to being perfect. If just this one feature were to be built into the program, you'll have earned for yourselves a LOT of very happy new subscribers.

Archived