Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dacay

other Creating a note in a specific notebook by email

I recently learned about the possibility to send an email to Evernote as a note, but as far as I can see, there is no way to have an email to be sent in a specific notebook.

Yammer solves this issue by adding extensions to the email address for groups and I am sure Evernote can implement something similar for notebooks.

Let's assume that the email address to send an email to my Evernote is xxxxxx@evernote.com

To have my email to be added to my notebook called "My Notebook", I would easily send the email to xxxxxx+mynotebook@evernote.com. At least this is how it is implemented in Yammer and I think it will work with Evernote too.

I think it is an important feature because if you send a lot of emails with important information to Evernote, having to categorize them manually may be overwhelming.

Thanks,

Deniz

From How to email to/from Evernote:

PRO TIP

You can specify a destination notebook for your email by appending the subject line with the symbol “@” followed by the name of an existing notebook. Add a tag by including “#” followed by an existing tag. If adding both notebook and tag information, be sure to include the notebook name first.