vr2nr

ScanSnap S1500: Grayed-out functions in Evernote.

I own two ScanSnap S1500 scanners. I found the scanner so useful that I purchased two of them (I leave one in China and one in the United States). I use them with my Macbook Pro. 

I also have a Evernote Premium account and see that Evernote has grayed-out functions that appear specific to ScanSnap. 

Is there anyway for me to access these grayed-out functions? 

Apologies, but this is important to me so I'm re-floating this before it gets "lost"

Hi.  User forum here,  'staffed' by volunteers,  so you get responses as and when we get time to deal with queries..

I also use an S1500 but haven't been aware of any 'grayed-out functions' - what exactly are you seeing and in which menu?  It'd be helpful to know what OS you use too,  and whether you're using the web / desktop / tablet / phone interface...

Hey Gazumped. Yeah, I get that -  I appreciate the response and your comments.  I certainly would like to get my hands on any useful tools that will help me digitize my current mountain of documents, especially as it relates to ScanSnap and Evernote. 

I am running: 

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
  • Mac OS X - Yosemite 10.10
  • Evernote 5.7.2 (Premium Subscription)

The specific problem is that, if I go to Evernote > Preferences > ScanSnap, all the choices are grayed out (see link). 

Anyone? 

Hey Gazumped. Yeah, I get that -  I appreciate the response and your comments.  I certainly would like to get my hands on any useful tools that will help me digitize my current mountain of documents, especially as it relates to ScanSnap and Evernote. 

I am running: 

The specific problem is that, if I go to Evernote > Preferences > ScanSnap, all the choices are grayed out (see link). 

Probably a dumb question,  but is your ScanSnap switched on and connected to the PC?

I am running: 

Those functions only works with the special Evernote edition of the ScanSnap scanner. You can purchase it for a small fortune on  Evernote Market (at least it's considerably more expensive than the S1500 I bought.)

• Like 1

With the standard ScanSnap (I got one too..) all you need is the ScanSnap Manager software downloadable from the Fujitsu SS site to give you a full range of functionality with the scanner.