saimens

Find individually shared notes (vs. such with a public link)

Idea

How can I identify all my notes, which others can access? With "sharedate:*" or "shard by someone" Evernote only shows those notes that are shared with a public link.

Notes I've shared with individuals (right click - share note) this search doesn't identify. You only see in the permissions preferences of the note that someone has access (read, edit and/or invite). 

Any ideas?

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

11 replies to this idea

There are some icons in the upper right corner of note. Look for the one that has 3 arrows curved into a circle.

Color:

Icon black: not shared

Icon blue: shared

Additional search information:

To search your account for all notes you have shared, enter the following directly into the Search Bar: sharedate:*

or to drill down more specifically:

sharedate:[datetime] - will match any note that has a 'sharedate' timestamp that is equal to, or more recent than, the provided datetime. ( E.g.: )

sharedate:20140704 -Matches notes that were shared on or after July 4th, 2014, based on the client's timezone.

sharedate:20140704T090000 -Matches notes that were shared on or after 9:00am on July 4th, 2014, based on the client's timezone.

sharedate:20070704T150000Z -Matches notes that were shared on or after 3:00pm GMT on July 4th, 2007.

-sharedate:20070704 - Matches notes that were shared before July 4th, 2007, based on the client's timezone.

sharedate:day-1 -Matches notes that were shared yesterday or today

-sharedate:day -Matches notes that were shared before today

sharedate:day-1 -sharedate:day - Matches notes that were shared yesterday (only)

sharedate:day-30 -Matches notes that were shared within the last 30 days (or today)

sharedate:week -Matches notes that were shared in this calendar week (Sunday-Saturday)

-sharedate:month -Matches notes that were shared before this month

sharedate:year-1 -Matches notes that were shared last year or this year
  • Like 1

@jbenson2 thanks for your reply. 

Unfortunately this doesn't help yet. There are TWO ways of sharing a single note:

• Public Link: Such notes you can find (usually) with the search string "sharedate:*" . (Also should the icon become blue. But at least this seems to be very buggy.
    • In Win-EN (5.7.0.5492) it's no longer blue - even if the pop-up window says that there's a public link (you get there with the context menu of sharing icon of the note -> "modify sharing ...").
    • In Mac-EN (5.7.1) it's not less buggy. Here it's not an icon but a button with the word "Share". The text of this button is blue for all of my notes  - no matter if shared or not. Hope the evernote people do fix this VERY soon - not very trustworthy.
  • Individual shared notes: I couldn't find a procedure to find all notes that are shared with individual people (-> context menu of the sharing icon of the note  -> "modify sharing ..." -> "Modify individual permissions for this note"). The search string "searchdate:*" doesn't find them.)

Sharing of notes could be a nice feature. Up to now the concept is in my eyes not (yet) mature. And the implementation (of the not mature concept) is done mediocre. I store a lot of personal stuff in evernote. If evernote is messing around (again) with privacy I will move.

• Like 1

This post is from almost a year ago and still we have neither a response from Evernote support nor has the problem been resolved in EN. Still, the search on sharedate:* does NOT return notes that have been shared with individuals (only public shares). It would be very helpful to be able to review from time to time which EN notes have been shared. 

I want to raise this issue again hoping that it gets some attention. 

• Like 1

This is pretty bad.  Just one more indication that Evernote Sharing (which they often call "collaboration") is not ready for prime time.

There should be a search/filter/method by which you can show a note list of all notes that have been shared, regardless of the method of sharing them.

• Like 3

I would also like to assist by pushing for this feature.

It would be extremely useful, as I certainly would not like to make all my shares public

I have not been very active here earlier; but is there no list of requests from the community with a response in terms of how the EN-team intend to respond ("will do" or "will not do" and expected time frame)?

On 3/28/2016 at 10:16 AM, morten clausen said:

I would also like to assist by pushing for this feature.

It would be extremely useful, as I certainly would not like to make all my shares public

I have not been very active here earlier; but is there no list of requests from the community with a response in terms of how the EN-team intend to respond ("will do" or "will not do" and expected time frame)?

1+  me too

Moving this to the Evernote Feature Request forum so that you all can vote on it proper like...

This will be a very very very useful feature because who have a lots of notes with individual permission (no public link), we cannot have a list of all shared notes and there's no other method to see this (search string sharedate:* is only for shared notes with public link).

Many thanks!!!