nesting tags on web beta

forevernoted

Idea

does it exist? just noticed that when i was searching through my tags on the web UI that none of them were nested.  have they not incorporated this yet? 

sorry if this has already been mentioned elsewhere...most likely has. not sure how to run a search on a specific sub forum

i know there is people on both sides of the fence on whether or not they like the web ui so far...i personally am a fan.  its great for the creative (lots of blank space) and organized type

cheers

0 replies to this idea

Im also a premium user and will cease to be if the final version, web or mac, does not allow you to Nest Tags, this is critical for me. If I can organise my tags into a simpler structure than alphabetical it becomes too cumbersome.

for example all my notes are tagged with an individuals name so I can find them easily, I have hundreds! If these are not nested under WHO then I can find any of my other tags.

Please please please don't underestimate how many of your users rely upon this feature.

Any chance we'll regain the ability to create nested tags on the web?

Right now, I can create tags, but I can't nest them anymore.  My existing hierarchy is still there, but any new tags I create are stuck at the top level.

The web is my primary means of accessing Evernote.

Hi Cythraul, 

Creation of nested tags will come in a future release. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Nancy 

Any chance we'll regain the ability to create nested tags on the web?

Right now, I can create tags, but I can't nest them anymore.  My existing hierarchy is still there, but any new tags I create are stuck at the top level.

The web is my primary means of accessing Evernote.

Hi, another Premium user here. I've been using the phone app mostly so didn't notice this missing but today I noticed that we still cannot change subtags on the new site. Seems like you are working on it so just to add my voice to the rest: I am now switching back to the old version until I can cater my tags and subtags on the new site.

I'm just starting to use evernote and the ability to nest tags was important for choosing evernote. A feature that I also miss in the old client is that one sees all notes tagged with a subtag when choosing the supertag. I mean all "vegan recipies" are also "recipies" and I neither want to assign them both tags explicitely nor choose check all subtags when I want to find a recipy without any dietary restriction.

I, too, was searching for this feature on Google and found this thread. I'd like to agree with the other posters in that this is one of the most important things the Web Beta version doesn't include and it would be ideal for me if only it did. And, since this is a feature the previous version has, it mustn't be that hard to implement it in the beta, right? :)

Just quoting the previous poster, "please, please, please, don't underestimate how many of your users rely upon this feature"!

Throwing my support for nested tags in the web beta.  To answer the question, I create and use nested tags in both the web and windows client versions.  I reverted to the old web client once because of the lack of nested tags but thought I'd try it again.

I have been a paid premium subscriber for years and the one issue that has been bothering me is the fact that each version of the software (Mac, PC, Web, iOS) is different. I use a few different platforms and lately I've found myself trying other alternatives more often in search of a more robust and unified tool. I certainly agree here that tag nesting is a must feature. After having used it intensively for a while I've been holding back archiving content on Evernote for months now because we cannot get reassurance that this feature is not only going to be implemented on all platform but also that it's not going away on the platforms that currently support it. I also had issues getting working projects out of Evernote without breaking images or formatting. How difficult is it to get copy/paste to work properly, I don't know, but it's certainly not a good place to keep projects if you cannot work on them anymore outside of evernote.  We now keep these projects on Google Drive instead . Tags are very personal and nesting them is a very powerful feature to me. You can for example tag notes with names and have these names nested under friends, family, projects, etc. Having shared notes does create a bit of complexity but perhaps tags from other users could be listed separately (under author name) and also perhaps has a group with little on/off switch for "merging" them with your own. Perhaps another on/off switch under your own tags to see the merged tags or not as a whole.  It's just an idea and I'm sure there are many other ways to do this cleanly and hopefully the evernote team has been brainstorming on this.  I have lots of notes and using tags without nesting is really slowing me down, sometimes I have to spend minutes figuring out a search to be able to find the notes I need. Sometimes I can't seem to find a syntax that will give me what I need so I spend minutes scrolling down the search results instead. If you want to have a good example of the power of nested tags have a look at Michael Hyatt post on how he uses evernote. Now imagine the mess if you take this feature away.  

Don't get me wrong, I really like Evernote and with the right features I'm sure I'll be using it for many years to come. 

I very much agree with jwvanderbeck, nested tags are the most important missing feature from the web beta.  Please add the ability to nest tags, please.

I also would use the web client to both create and view nested tags.

Came across this topic while searching.  This right here is the deal breaker for the Beta web client for me.  I absolutely **have** to have nested tags or my entire system falls apart.  I have switched back to the old web client, but i'm scared that at some point I will be forced to move to the new client.

Please, **please** allow nested tag display in the new web client.

I just had a look into the betaversion - very impressive so far - a little bit minimalistic ;) but it looks great.

However I switched back to the previous version again, because I'm missing the nested tags too.

I usually do create them in the webclient - as I can't do so on my iphone

• Level 5

Thank you for the feedback. We will take this into consideration as we continue to improve the product. For those of that use nested tags, do you usually create these in the web client? Or another client? Or both? 

I create tags and put them into a nested structure at home using the Mac desktop client and at work using the Web client because I work under Linux.

Thank you for the feedback. We will take this into consideration as we continue to improve the product. For those of that use nested tags, do you usually create these in the web client? Or another client? Or both? 

Archived