Evernote 5.6.2 database rebuild resized all inline PDFs

car2nwallaby

Idea

Untitled 2.tiffThe 5.6.2 update of Evernote for Mac said it was going to rebuild my database (or something to that effect), and after I allowed it to do so, all of my inline PDF images were resized to become humongous.  I have many notes where there is an image every few lines, and this makes it very painful to read through the notes.  When I insert them, I usually have to "zoom out" several times to make them a reasonable size.  My notes are now much less useful, and manually re-shrinking all these inline PDF images will take forever.

On the plus side, the update does seem quicker and more responsive so far, but please avoid doing this in future releases!

3 replies to this idea

Thanks, but the issue was not a bug in 5.6.2, it was a bug in the upgrade process itself.  The database rebuild lost my inline PDF zoom information.  Going up again to 5.7 didn't bring it back.

Also, in 5.6.2 and later, every inline PDF seems to take up an entire line no matter what its zoom scale, so I can't have 2 images on the same line, or even text and an image on the same line.

• Level 5*

Well,  if you're willing to wait while your database is rebuilt (again) it might be useful to allow it to be recreated from the server.

You need to have a complete backup of your database folder first,  and have exported any unsynced notes,  and any local notebook(s) to ENEX files.  If you're not sure how to do that,  please have a search around here or post again.  Once that's done -

• Minimize all Applications
  • Open the Finder and select Go > Go to Folder…
  • Copy and paste:

~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/Evernote/
    or
~/Library/Application Support/Evernote/
    then select Go

• Move the “www.evernote.com" folder (this will contain one or more numerical folders that contain all Evernote accounts you've used on your Mac) from the database folder to another location, such as your desktop

Then:  Open your desktop application and login to your Evernote account. Evernote will download all of your synced notes from Evernote's servers and create a new database on your computer.

Archived