Printing problem - no content

Lkellogg

• Level 5*

i am using windows 8 laptop.

In your browser? The desktop application? The Touch application?

He is referring to the web platform. How the heck do you print your notes? Major FU!

1) You don't know that for sure; that's why we ask.

2) The web beta is known to be not feature complete. Revert to the released version, and you'll be all better.

He is referring to the web platform. How the heck do you print your notes? Major FU!

2) The web beta is known to be not feature complete. Revert to the released version, and you'll be all better.

YOu call it a beta but it lacks features?? WTF is that? When are you going to test these lacking features? in the Gamma?

Nothing but excuses.

• Level 5*

Hi - Jeff is a fellow user on this user-moderated board who is trying to be helpful to the OP.  If you search this forum you'll find a number of threads about the new web client,  including a response from Evernote which said that the Web beta would be getting more features.  The function of a beta is to test out new functions and designs while waving a 'not publicly released' red flag to warn folks that some things might not work as expected and changes may occur down the line.  If you dislike the beta,  go back to the original version that (mostly) works...

I use the web version of Evernote in the Chrome browser - not the beta of the web version.  I print by right clicking on the note snippet in the middle column and select Print... This brings up the Google Chrome Print screen, showing a preview of the printed page(s).  You are correct that if you try to print from the view of the note - either the view in the right column or the view in a separate window, you get a blank page - at least in the print preview screen.   

Hi - Jeff is a fellow user on this user-moderated board who is trying to be helpful to the OP.  If you search this forum you'll find a number of threads about the new web client,  including a response from Evernote which said that the Web beta would be getting more features.  The function of a beta is to test out new functions and designs while waving a 'not publicly released' red flag to warn folks that some things might not work as expected and changes may occur down the line.  If you dislike the beta,  go back to the original version that (mostly) works...

I have no problem with you testing a new web platform. But it lacks features, especially important ones on a note applicarion like the print button, then that is the alpha test, not the beta test.

When people see beta, it is pretty close to the finished product. This error wasted a lot of peoples time.

• Level 5*

YOu call it a beta but it lacks features?? WTF is that? When are you going to test these lacking features? in the Gamma?

Nothing but excuses.

Evernote calls it a beta. I am not an Evernote employee (neither is gazumped, for that matter).  I'd call it a preview, but beta is an ambiguous term (you can look it up). The missing features will be added as they go along. Again, revert to the release version as suggested, and you'll be all better. 

• 1 month later...

So how do you revert to the released version? I've been looking everywhere and can't find that option. Do I have to download it again?

Not only can I not print my notes, I can't copy and paste them into something I can print them from. I agree with those that say "printing" shouldn't be a feature left out of something called "beta."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived