kohlman

Mac Crash on Start Up After Recent Update

Hi all,

After the most recent update, the Evernote Desktop application on my Mac (OS X 10.8.5) crashes immediately after a few seconds of start-up. I have included the crash report in the attachment. Unfortunately, it was too long for the post itself. All other applications (Web, iPhone) are running smoothly.

I haven't tried to force a rebuild of the local database yet. It seems the directory locations have changed, so I didn't want to mess with the system.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Axel

Crash_Evernote.txt

There was a crash that occurred if you had the Contacts app linked to Evernote and had blank or empty email addresses.  We have fixed this issue in version 5.7.1 which we released today so please upgrade or you can download the build at http://bit.ly/1zuBomk.

• Like 1

Hi SoftwareMarcus,

Thanks for the quick reply. The new build fixed the problem. Great!

Best,

Axel

• Like 1

Hi all,

After the most recent update, the Evernote Desktop application on my Mac (OS X 10.8.5) crashes immediately after a few seconds of start-up. I have included the crash report in the attachment. Unfortunately, it was too long for the post itself. All other applications (Web, iPhone) are running smoothly.

I haven't tried to force a rebuild of the local database yet. It seems the directory locations have changed, so I didn't want to mess with the system.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Axel

This happened with the last update too and I did the same thing with this one. 

1.  Drag the Evernote Application to the Trash
  2.  Drag Evernote in tray to Trash (if you have one there)
  3.  Empty Trash
  4.  Download and Install Evernote
  5.  Login into New Evernote--all notes will be there