Random Pages Scan Upside Down

EOzzie

Hi, I have looked but can't seem to find a simple answer. I just did the latest upgrade and now random pages scan upside down and it's different every time I scan. I have rebooted twice, synced twice with no luck. It's not done this before so I shouldn't have to go back into the document to fix it. Is there a setting I can adjust to solve this?

EOzzie

It is definitely the scanner. I was scanning 14 pages with my Evernote Scanner. When I open the document random pages appear upside down although they are not upside down when I run them through. Sorry I don't know what you mean by client. I was able to correct the issue temporarily by going into the document and rotating the upside down page, but i don't want to do that every time I scan. This just started when I did the update. 

• Level 5*

By client I meant Windows, Mac or Web version of EN.  I know on my ScanSnap there is a setting for automatic image rotation, but it only kicks in when I put something in upside down.  Don't have any experience with the EN scanner, so can't help you there, sorry.

• Level 5*

ScanSnaps are supposed to detect the orientation of a page and rotate the scan if necessary.  Sometimes if there are comments or notes on the top of a page when it goes into the scanner it can assume that the orientation is the 'other' way.  I get occasional errors and correct them manually by going into the PDF and rotating pages.  I scan to a folder on my hard drive so that's not a major issue.  It's also possible to switch off the 'rotate pages' function in my SS Manager - which is not the Evernote version.

If you're saying that this behaviour changed after the main Evernote client updated,  I don't see why that would impact the separate ScanSnap Manager app.  Have you checked through the Evernote KB on this?  https://evernote.com/partner/scansnap/guide/

• 1 month later...

I am have the same problem, I can try to turn the pages around and they still scan upside down.  There is no way to rotate images which is frustrating after spending all this money on a evernote scanner. Help

• Level 5*

I am have the same problem, I can try to turn the pages around and they still scan upside down.  There is no way to rotate images which is frustrating after spending all this money on a evernote scanner. Help

Are you also on Win 8.1?  And have you checked the link I posted for anything useful?  If you do have a setting for 'rotate pages'  I'd try switching that to the opposite choice to see if it makes a difference.  If all else fails,  and because the product might be faulty,  I'd suggest you raise a support ticket here - https://evernote.com/contact/support/ - and choose 'payment issue' in the first dropdown to get through to Customer Services.

• 2 years later...

To GUZUMPED

I looked in my ss manger and could not find a setting where you can turn off page rotation.  My ScanSoft is not an Evernote version.Can you please direct me to that configuration in ss manager.  Thanks

Archived