Evernote Chat - No contacts to EB account. No admin options.

I loaded up the new Evernote Update, interested to see what the new chat feature was like.

What I expected is a chat capability that would automatically include people from my Evernote Business account.  That was not there.

Not only was it not there, there was no option to populate in accordance with the EB account. On top of that, there was no option to start a chat from the EB roster under our business tab.

Am I missing something? This doesn't make sense, especially since Evernote has been advertizing this feature as "work chat."

This makes even less sense to me given what Evernote chat does have.  Evernote chat has ever-present options to connect Evernote chat to Outlook and Gmail (not EB contacts). I'm sorry, but Evernote does not need access to my business' Outlook or Gmail contacts. There is a LOT more information in Outlook than just email addresses for chat.  I'm not comfortable with that option at all.

Making matters worse, as the admin for our business's EB account, I can't disable Evernote chat (or that Outlook import option) so that our employees are unable to grant EB access to our business Outlook.

I would like to see Evernote chat recognize our own EB users (that just makes sense), and I want more admin control over what access EB has to other programs with contacts. Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hmm, you might want to open a support ticket, as I'm using the 5.7 Windows client and can see EB contacts.

Then again, if you had to go back to 5.6 (FWIW I haven't encountered any sync issues in 5.7), you won't have Work Chat available to test/report on.

Archived